11th Gen Civic Forum banner
321 - 340 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Soooooo, might be some good news for Canadians. My build date was supposed to be July 18th, 2022. Delivery date ETA was early/mid August. I put in the factory order for my 2022 Civic Sport in SGP on April 22nd of 2022. Just got a call today (June 21st), wasn't being built... It's arrived at the dealership ready for pickup! Waiting for someone to tell me I'm dreaming still. 2 months early, safe to say I'm stoked. Need to call back to set up a pickup date. Purchased in Calgary, Alberta.
When was the last update you got from your dealer prior to them calling today to say it was delivered? Wondering if your dealer is still seeing a build date of July 18 but it magically arrived today or if they knew the build date was pulled in but didn’t update you?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Soooooo, might be some good news for Canadians. My build date was supposed to be July 18th, 2022. Delivery date ETA was early/mid August. I put in the factory order for my 2022 Civic Sport in SGP on April 22nd of 2022. Just got a call today (June 21st), wasn't being built... It's arrived at the dealership ready for pickup! Waiting for someone to tell me I'm dreaming still. 2 months early, safe to say I'm stoked. Need to call back to set up a pickup date. Purchased in Calgary, Alberta.
We've seen a few SGP sedans being delivered recently, and I feel like your car was part of this batch. Congrats!

·
Registered
22 Posts
When was the last update you got from your dealer prior to them calling today to say it was delivered? Wondering if your dealer is still seeing a build date of July 18 but it magically arrived today or if they knew the build date was pulled in but didn’t update you?
No update whatsoever. They told me on April 24th that the expected build date was July 18th. I was also told that it would be radio silence from the dealership until they heard more. I'm pretty patient so I was just willing to wait until August to hear anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I ordered my sedan civic 2022 lx from honda waterloo on April 15. However yesterday my dealer called me and said they are no longer making civic 2022 model and i will be transfered to the civic 2023 waitlist. He saying waittime could be another 4-5 month for 2023 model and prices will be different from what we agreed for the 2022 model. Is it even allowed? Can they cancel my car after waiting 2 and half months? Don't they have to make my car if I ordered and paid the 1000 dollar amount?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey all, I ordered my sedan civic 2022 lx from honda waterloo on April 15. However yesterday my dealer called me and said they are no longer making civic 2022 model and i will be transfered to the civic 2023 waitlist. He saying waittime could be another 4-5 month for 2023 model and prices will be different from what we agreed for the 2022 model. Is it even allowed? Can they cancel my car after waiting 2 and half months? Don't they have to make my car if I ordered and paid the 1000 dollar amount?
They said the same thing to me with my 2022 Civic Sport that I ordered on April 22nd. Told me they would try to honor the price but the 2023's are likely to go up in price. That being said, just got a call for mine and I pick it up on Tuesday. Maybe they weren't selling enough LX to keep up production? That sucks though, sorry to hear.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There isn't much you can do about it: either bite the bullet and wait unfortunately or see if you can get your money back. I got my Sedan Touring last Friday and very thankful things didn't get overly delayed

·
Registered
11 Posts
There isn't much you can do about it: either bite the bullet and wait unfortunately or see if you can get your money back. I got my Sedan Touring last Friday and very thankful things didn't get overly delayed
Congratulations for new car. But how long you wait? As I booked same colour touring model on May 7 in Montreal. Still waiting. Please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Update:
Just got a call from the Manager of my dealer, I have the VIN and the car arrives Monday and is ready for pickup on Tuesday. Civic Si in Crystal Black Pearl.

Timeline:

Feb 19 - ordered car
Feb 22 - finalized financing
May 1 - car delayed
June 3 - car delayed
June 16 - car production date set to TBD
June 27 - car to be delivered to dealer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got an update from my dealer too, customer wanted to change colors on their order so there's now a white Civic Touring available for me next week, original order was submitted March 26th with a vague ETA of end of July. Not sure if I would have actually gotten my car since the color I originally wanted (Morning Mist Blue) seems pretty much non-existent at this point. Had to pay extra for the options the guy had installed but at least the wait is nearly over!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I called my dealer and they said build date is Jul 27 - ETA 1st week of August. Order placed end of March. Honestly I wish I didn’t buy a Civic. I was blinded by the 1.5-2 months lead time provided by the dealership..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I called my dealer and they said build date is Jul 27 - ETA 1st week of August. Order placed end of March. Honestly I wish I didn’t buy a Civic. I was blinded by the 1.5-2 months lead time provided by the dealership..
They told me the same thing too... Personally I'm still glad I waited, not sure if there's any other car out there that has everything the Civic does

·
Registered
11 Posts
Average wait right now is looking like 4-5 months. Have you gotten any updates from your dealer?
My dealer showed me order list. In front of my order it’s TBD. My dealer told me that my car has already been build. But it’s waiting for release from the port. Waiting for transportation. Once it’s released then he will receive the Vin information. That all I have from dealer. But right now, there is no specific delivery date yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update:
Just got a call from the Manager of my dealer, I have the VIN and the car arrives Monday and is ready for pickup on Tuesday. Civic Si in Crystal Black Pearl.

Timeline:

Feb 19 - ordered car
Feb 22 - finalized financing
May 1 - car delayed
June 3 - car delayed
June 16 - car production date set to TBD
June 27 - car to be delivered to dealer
Hi, congratulations for new car. I just want to ask as you mentioned TBD in your timeline. What does it mean. As my dealer told me same thing that in order list there is TBD in front of my order detail. I booked car on 7 may and my finance finalized on same day. Now waiting for my car to arrive. That all information they have. Please let me know thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi, congratulations for new car. I just want to ask as you mentioned TBD in your timeline. What does it mean. As my dealer told me same thing that in order list there is TBD in front of my order detail. I booked car on 7 may and my finance finalized on same day. Now waiting for my car to arrive. That all information they have. Please let me know thanks
I can’t be entirely sure about what Honda means by TBD other than that they have no set date for the build to finish. In my case it ended up finishing a week after I called and got this TBD designation. At least we now know that a TBD unit got built.

321 - 340 of 353 Posts