11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The issue is a missing 30 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. If you have the issue with the backlit controls, before you have your dealer replace anything on your brand new car, make sure fuse number 37 is not missing. If it is, there is a spare on the underside of the engine fuse box cover. For whatever reason fuse 37 is incorrectly labeled as a "Backup" and it is not inserted during the PDI.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So the dealer said the harness did not fix it. They called Honda then today I get a message saying it’s fixed. I asked what the final fix was and they said the harness.

Seems a little weird that yesterday it didn’t and today it did. I feel like they are lying and it was probably the fuse that was mislabeled or whatever.

Will be picking up my car this afternoon.

But they are ordering a new carpet because the back passenger side is messed up and can’t be fixed. I will take a picture after I get it.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So they are saying it’s a known issue, fuse, harness or something with the computer.

They didn’t mount the rear view mirror. So it was just hanging inside the plastic case and they scratched a panel and my leather on the steering wheel.

They are fixing the mirror now and a panel on order. Not sure what they will do about the steering wheel

·
Registered
2022 civic sport sedan
12 Posts
That sucks man, I’m sorry. I am real OCD and that would drive me nuts. That’s why I was really glad mine was that fuse. I was so nervous about them tearing my car apart. It’s nearly impossible to not scratch that stuff.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That sucks man, I’m sorry. I am real OCD and that would drive me nuts. That’s why I was really glad mine was that fuse. I was so nervous about them tearing my car apart. It’s nearly impossible to not scratch that stuff.
They fixed the steering wheel. I can’t feel where it was messed up. But yeah crazy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm definitely glad I read this thread.. I had an appt to get mine checked. Went out and looked at it and sure enough the fuse was missing....popped one in and had lights! Appreciate the info guys!

Yeah sucks for me because they damaged my dash, steering wheel, plastic cluster cover, side panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah sucks for me because they damaged my dash, steering wheel, plastic cluster cover, side panel.
Dang! I'm sorry you had to go thru that....I would be furious....hopefully they're making things right by fixing what they messed up

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Dang! I'm sorry you had to go thru that....I would be furious....hopefully they're making things right by fixing what they messed up

I am sure they will but it’s a huge hassle for me to drop it off. I live an hour away from the dealer so if it’s more than a day I have to figure out how to drop it off and then get a loaner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Years ago I had an Acura dealer break the plastic surround around the bottom of the drivers seat. This was after they had the car for over a week. I emailed the service manager and sent him the pictures showing what the tech did. I lived around 100 miles from the dealer so they came a picked the car up, dropped off a loaner, and brought my car back with a brand new seat the next day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm definitely glad I read this thread.. I had an appt to get mine checked. Went out and looked at it and sure enough the fuse was missing....popped one in and had lights! Appreciate the info guys!
Hey man, can you take a picture of the missing fuse? I have the same issue and dealer said they will replace the head unit.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hey man, can you take a picture of the missing fuse? I have the same issue and dealer said they will replace the head unit.
Curious to know what the build quality of the rest of your Civic is like.
Have you assessed it? There seems to be some real misses.

P.S. glad you could join us. Welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Curious to know what the build quality of the rest of your Civic is like.
Have you assessed it? There seems to be some real misses.

P.S. glad you could join us. Welcome!
thank you, glad to be hear. So i opened the fuse box and certainly fuse 37 which is labeled backup in the diagram is missing. So i used one of the 30A extra fuse and lo and behold the backlight came on.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I am starting to believe that I have been lied to on what the fix was for my car. At some point I will get contacted by Honda about all this and that is one thing I will bring up. If it’s true then all my headache could have been avoided by replacing a simple fuse that was miss labeled and not installed. No I have weeks worth of BS to get through and a damaged vehicle.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts