11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine have not been on so I was thinking it was normal but after looking more it is not normal and now I am wondering if there is a way to turn them off or is there actually something wrong with them? These are the lights for the direction of the air flow, rear defroster, air circulation.

I have had the car for 3 days and yes I will take it back to the dealer but I wanted to make sure I am not missing something.

I know there is the dash light brightness knob on the left but that is all the way up.

I am sure I will be taking it back to the dealer already next week :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Something definitely sounds wrong. The whole row of buttons is backlit on my car (Touring Trim). That includes the Recirculate Button, Mode Button, Front Defrost, Rear/side mirror Defrost, and A/C Buttons.

The backlight for all of them turns on when I turn my Parking lights or Headlights on.

Not sure if you have the Dual or Single Zone Climate Control System. But I would imagine the Single Zone System is the same. With all the buttons being backlit.

Can’t really think of anything you’re missing. If the brightness is turned all the way up. They should be working.

Hope everything works out.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something definitely sounds wrong. The whole row of buttons is backlit on my car (Touring Trim). That includes the Recirculate Button, Mode Button, Front Defrost, Rear/side mirror Defrost, and A/C Buttons.

The backlight for all of them turns on when I turn my Parking lights or Headlights on.

Not sure if you have the Dual or Single Zone Climate Control System. But I would imagine the Single Zone System is the same. With all the buttons being backlit.

Can’t really think of anything you’re missing. If the brightness is turned all the way up. They should be working.

Hope everything works out.
Thanks for the reply.
Something is wrong. Sucks they will take apart the dash already to fix this issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
True story. PDI checklist said they check sunroof. My sunroof connection was never plugged in. 10th gen
Ha, ha, ha. Do you know how PDI is done?
Guy with the legs up on a table, beer in hand: lights? check, wipers? check, whatever? check, etc. All done. Next...

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are there back lights on the wiper and headlight switches? I am taking my car in Tuesday to get the lights fix so just trying to make sure nothing else is wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sure I will be taking it back to the dealer already next week :(
Did you get this sorted? Noticed the same issue on my ex tonight. This is a horrible design issue if these are not illuminated by design.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get this sorted? Noticed the same issue on my ex tonight. This is a horrible design issue if these are not illuminated by design.
I have an appointment on the 7th to get it looked at.

I have watched a few night videos of the interior and they definitely do light up.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dealer is saying it’s a wire harness due to it not getting any power at all for the back lights. Waiting on an approval from Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer is saying it’s a wire harness due to it not getting any power at all for the back lights. Waiting on an approval from Honda.
Approval for what, I wonder? Does that indicate it's a particularly costly fix? Guess I'll be scheduling service to have it looked at. Was going to wait until my window tint appointment but will probably go sooner now that you've gotten confirmation.

Thanks for the update!

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Approval for what, I wonder? Does that indicate it's a particularly costly fix? Guess I'll be scheduling service to have it looked at. Was going to wait until my window tint appointment but will probably go sooner now that you've gotten confirmation.

Thanks for the update!
It will be fully covered. They are not 100% sure what Honda what’s them to replace I guess.

Will keep you updated

·
Registered
2022 civic sport sedan
12 Posts
Here is some info for others having this problem: Took mine to the dealer today for this issue on my 2022 Civic Sport. They ended up finding out that there was a fuse missing. Must've left the factory like that I suppose. Hope this info helps others who run into this issue.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are replacing a harness on mine today to fix my issue. I would hope they checked the fuse prior to saying it was the harness

·
Registered
2022 civic sport sedan
12 Posts
I hope so too. After reading your post about the harness, that's what i was afraid was going to happen today. I was really relieved to find out it was just a fuse. you may want to bring up the fuse to the service guy before they tear the dash apart. Good luck. Keep us posted on what it ends up being.

·
Registered
2022 civic sport sedan
12 Posts
Your original statement about them saying its not getting any power "screams" fuse now that i know that was the issue.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your original statement about them saying its not getting any power "screams" fuse now that i know that was the issue.
The SA said they absolutely checked the fuse. So I hope he wasn’t just saying that and thinking (I don’t think we did)

I should get the car back tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well they said it’s still not working after replacing the harness. :(

1 - 20 of 50 Posts