11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
And really,for like 99.89% of Honda customers that's how they market it and those that do buy into it don't really care. They haven't a clue about hz,or rms,or anything.
All they care about is overall sound. So your options are A the base models which sound like pppprrrttttt. Or the Bose which sounds better than any civic in the civic history.
Then if you really wanna take it up a notch get the integra els 3d which is about another 2 notches. But yeah in general even as much as an audiophile that I am, and I'm in my car a lot,the Bose is quite nice for bone stock. It's fine not els 3d but does do the job nicely. It would roughly cost you about 1600 minimum to do a system in the base models to achieve what the stock Bose does. But all in all wattage is only partial to the equation. Sensitivity and what not is all part of it too.
You can have a solid 50 watt system sound cleaner than say a half ass 500 watt system.
Hell my 5 watt house amp is louder than anything in any car from any factory but then again that's a whole different animal. Let's just enjoy the fact that the Bose does sound better in every way than the base models.
Originally, the question was How Many WATTS / Power is output in this Civic Touring system. The information has not been released so, I gave them a means to measure.
Neither Honda or BOSE gave any details/specs for Frequency range or Wattage.
My 1982 Ford Mustang GT 302 Boss V8 with T-Tops (bought it new at Friendly Ford on Blackstone in Fresno, Ca. for about $14,000) with factory sound. It's better than Honda Civic Touring BOSE system. I had owned BOSE 901's and 301's back in the early 1980's. Stuff they make today not near the quality they produce then.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally, the question was How Many WATTS / Power is output in this Civic Touring system. The information has not been released so, I gave them a means to measure.
Neither Honda or BOSE gave any details/specs for Frequency range or Wattage.
My 1982 Ford Mustang GT 302 Boss V8 with T-Tops (bought it new at Friendly Ford on Blackstone in Fresno, Ca. for about $14,000) with factory sound. It's better than Honda Civic Touring BOSE system. I had owned BOSE 901's and 301's back in the early 1980's. Stuff they make today not near the quality they produce then.
My point is it doesn't matter. People get too caught up on watts. The Bose sounds better than base. Plain and simple

·
Registered
552 Posts
Please do not reply. End of discussion. You are too caught up in what other people think or want to hear. Besides, it is a forum or commentary place. Don't be so negative.
Wth? The valley air getting to you all these years 💀 I mean if you wanna play that game ,no one asked you about your hyper specific ugly mustang from Fresno or no one asked you about your old Bose speakers or what you perceived as quality either. But I mean if that's the route you wanna take be my guest. Apparently your entitled to your opinion and only you 💀🙄

·
Registered
9 Posts
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Flash photography Audio equipment

Image from WapCar.
Bose Premium Sound System Details:
  • One 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speaker in the center of the instrument panel.
  • Four 1-inch (25 mm) lightweight neodymium tweeters – one in each A-pillar and one in each rear door.
  • Two 6.5-inch (165 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each front door.
  • Two 5.25-inch (130 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each rear door.
  • Two 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speakers – one on each side of the rear deck.
  • One 8-inch (200 mm) woofer in the center of the rear deck.
  • A Bose digital amplifier with 12 channels of custom equalization and advanced digital signal processing.
Could be a 260 Watt system, frequency range unknown but suspect it to be somewhere between 40Hz to 18KHz with 4 ohm impedance speakers.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts