11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here Honda outlines what's included in the first ever Bose audio system in a Civic!

Civic First Bose Premium Sound System
Touring trims also feature the first use of Bose audio in a Civic. With Bose Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing, the new system was custom-engineered precisely for the Civic’s new interior so drivers and passengers – regardless of their seating position – are placed in the middle of the music, with a clear and spacious listening experience for all audio content.

Expert audio engineers developed the Bose sound system with advanced components and technologies, working closely with Honda engineers to integrate the system early in the vehicle design process for optimal performance. Clear, impactful sound is delivered through high-performance Bose speakers, strategically placed throughout the Civic’s interior for exceptional music reproduction across all frequencies, low to high.

Helping to preserve the quality of the listening experience, Dynamic Speed Compensation technology automatically adjusts volume and tone based on vehicle speed, reducing the need for drivers to manually adjust settings while on the road.

Bose Premium Sound System Details:
  • One 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speaker in the center of the instrument panel.
  • Four 1-inch (25 mm) lightweight neodymium tweeters – one in each A-pillar and one in each rear door.
  • Two 6.5-inch (165 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each front door.
  • Two 5.25-inch (130 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each rear door.
  • Two 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speakers – one on each side of the rear deck.
  • One 8-inch (200 mm) woofer in the center of the rear deck.
  • A Bose digital amplifier with 12 channels of custom equalization and advanced digital signal processing.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any know if the front and rear door speakers size are the same for the non premium system?
Hi @Larone

Have you decided on what exact Kicker speaker model to get?
This is all we know about the Bose audio system so far...

Bose Premium Sound System Details:
  • One 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speaker in the center of the instrument panel.
  • Four 1-inch (25 mm) lightweight neodymium tweeters – one in each A-pillar and one in each rear door.
  • Two 6.5-inch (165 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each front door.
  • Two 5.25-inch (130 mm) wide-range speakers – one in each rear door.
  • Two 3.25-inch (80 mm) Bose Twiddler mid/high-range speakers – one on each side of the rear deck.
  • One 8-inch (200 mm) woofer in the center of the rear deck.
  • A Bose digital amplifier with 12 channels of custom equalization and advanced digital signal processing.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
87 Posts
I would like to add that when playing music from "Android Auto" is a lot more amplified than when playing music from "Bluetooth Audio". I'm not sure why that is but apparently I can set the audio volume on "Bluetooth Audio" to the maximum volume level which is 40 units whereas using"Android Auto", 20 units or half the maximum volume level is loud enough.

EDIT: To anyone reading this thread but shouldn't the audio level volume be the same between "Android Auto" and "Bluetooth Audio"? There shouldn't be a large audio volume discrepancy.

·
46 Posts
Yes some Kickers all around
In my younger days I would do the same thing, but I can't remember ever thinking the sound was that much better. I always found replacing the HU and keeping the factory speakers sounded better than the other way around (not that I think you should do that in your new Civic). Keep us posted if you swap them out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would like to add that when playing music from "Android Auto" is a lot more amplified than when playing music from "Bluetooth Audio". I'm not sure why that is but apparently I can set the audio volume on "Bluetooth Audio" to the maximum volume level which is 40 units whereas using"Android Auto", 20 units or half the maximum volume level is loud enough.

EDIT: To anyone reading this thread but shouldn't the audio level volume be the same between "Android Auto" and "Bluetooth Audio"? There shouldn't be a large audio volume discrepancy.
Android auto is either wired or wifi, so higher bandwidth & quality then Bluetooth. Android auto only uses Bluetooth for calls.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Check volume on your phone. When in Bluetooth, some systems are affected by the volume level on your device. You may have to set your device level to max volume when using bluetooth and then adjust as needed on car controls.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does anyone know the wattage of the system in the Touring? It's the only one they don't tell the wattage on the Honda site. I want to know my wattage!
Hard to say for certain since neither Bose nor Honda publish the specs but if you look at the fuse for the system, it's a 30 amp fuse so you can roughly assume 360 watts (not sure if the subwoofer is amplified separately).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts