11th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
How is the seating position in general? I find some modern Civics actually don't have a lot of head room. Great for leg room, but if you have a longer torso it's a bit tight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
How is the seating position in general? I find some modern Civics actually don't have a lot of head room. Great for leg room, but if you have a longer torso it's a bit tight.
We noticed there's actually more headroom than in the 10G civic, and feels like the extra 35mm in wheelbase is all in front legroom! First civic I've driven where it felt like it could comfortably seat someone over 6' tall.

·
Registered
560 Posts
We noticed there's actually more headroom than in the 10G civic, and feels like the extra 35mm in wheelbase is all in front legroom! First civic I've driven where it felt like it could comfortably seat someone over 6' tall.
That's great to hear. I think it was the 8th or 9th gens that got really cramped. I had an EG back in the day and it was great for headroom.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Anything you do/don't like in particular about the infotainment system? Especially compared to the 10th Gen?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Anything you do/don't like in particular about the infotainment system? Especially compared to the 10th Gen?
Everything I used on it was smooth and simple. Wireless Android Auto is a huge improvement. I think the voice prompt speaker on the 10G might be a little better sounding, but not a showstopper. Touchscreen is much nicer to use than on my 2019.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What are your overall thoughts in comparison to your '19? Are you liking the exterior styling better than the 10G? How about interior styling?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What are your overall thoughts in comparison to your '19? Are you liking the exterior styling better than the 10G? How about interior styling?
I appreciate the 11G styling as a different vehicle. I think because I have an Si Coupe the contrast is appealing as a second vehicle, but I wouldn't replace my '19 for the '22. I think there's enough that would support me upgrading a 10G CVT sedan to an 11G though. I'm still not sold 100% on the front end styling but the drive improvement is significant and certainly not worth writing off the 11G.

Very curious to see what they do to the interior on So and Type R trims to transition to a sportier feel. The dash doesn't scream sport anymore like the 10G did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I appreciate the 11G styling as a different vehicle. I think because I have an Si Coupe the contrast is appealing as a second vehicle, but I wouldn't replace my '19 for the '22. I think there's enough that would support me upgrading a 10G CVT sedan to an 11G though. I'm still not sold 100% on the front end styling but the drive improvement is significant and certainly not worth writing off the 11G.

Very curious to see what they do to the interior on So and Type R trims to transition to a sportier feel. The dash doesn't scream sport anymore like the 10G did.
Right on good analysis. I'm also looking forward to the SI as I want a quick car again since selling my '01 Prelude last year. I'm also not sold on the front end but some lower facia add ons should help that as well as along the sides. A small rear spoiler is needed too. The interior is going to need some red stitching for sure. Hopefully someone leaks some pics soon!

21 - 40 of 82 Posts