11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never bought or committed to anything without test driving first. With this Si, it is impossible to do a test drive. So, I am going to try and pay a fellow Si owner to let me drive his car with him sitting next to me.

I saw only 2 so far in the wild but could not follow them. Once I follow and the owner parks it, I will approach and see if the owner lets me drive it for 20 mins for $40. What do you guys think about the offer? fair?

I need to test seat comfort, seat elevation, shift knob distance to arm rest, suspension harshness, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried, dealers won't let you drive someone else's car just because you showed up before they picked it up.

Following is fine if done right and local. No highway chase here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stranger danger! You're obviously well intentioned but the potential Si driver you follow and ask to test drive won't know that. Whatever you do, don't lead with "Hey! I was following you around aaaaand..."

·
Registered
2022 Civic Si
82 Posts
why don’t you make a post/thread for any Si owners in your area instead of stalking them.

I am pretty sure there are some here in this forums or on Facebook

😅

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I know some owners who sold their Si after getting it because it wasn't comfortable for them, so I guess anything to assure yourself that it is the right car is worth the effort and cost.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have never bought or committed to anything without test driving first. With this Si, it is impossible to do a test drive. So, I am going to try and pay a fellow Si owner to let me drive his car with him sitting next to me.

I saw only 2 so far in the wild but could not follow them. Once I follow and the owner parks it, I will approach and see if the owner lets me drive it for 20 mins for $40. What do you guys think about the offer? fair?

I need to test seat comfort, seat elevation, shift knob distance to arm rest, suspension harshness, etc.
I bought my '22 without a test drive. But I test drove three 10th gen, which when I was situated in the driver's seat had a very similar feel, and the 10th gen was thte best car I had ever driven up to that point. The 11th gen was only supposed to be better. And it was. There are plenty of 10th gen on lots for you to test drive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Idea is not to wait 6 months for a hyped up car that I will have to sell in 2 weeks after buying because of the seating position, lack of thigh support, punishing suspension, excessive road noise.

Maybe I will see one parked in a mall and wait for the owner in my car parked right next to it...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pardon my honesty, but my Spidey sense would kick into overdrive if you did this to me. You may get the kind of response you really don't want. I'm from Detroit, if that gives anything away...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pardon my honesty, but my Spidey sense would kick into overdrive if you did this to me. You may get the kind of response you really don't want. I'm from Detroit, if that gives anything away...
That gives a lot away. Around me people are not like that. Worst case they turn me down and I keep looking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely don’t do this. Find a used one at a dealer and test drive it. If they don’t let you, offer to give them money. But not a stranger, way too many things can go wrong. I’d tell you to get lost if it were me and I’m a very agreeable, nice guy :ROFLMAO:

other’s suggestion of finding owners on this forum to meet up with is also a good idea

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely don’t do this. Find a used one at a dealer and test drive it. If they don’t let you, offer to give them money. But not a stranger, way too many things can go wrong. I’d tell you to get lost if it were me and I’m a very agreeable, nice guy :ROFLMAO:

other’s suggestion of finding owners on this forum to meet up with is also a good idea
There is no used one I could locate at a dealer nearby, hence, the unorthodox way of test drive in progress.

If you said get lost, it would be alright. No harm no foul.

If it is the right car, I want to order one and get in line for 2023 model year deliveries by early next year.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
475 Posts

Please have a hidden camera recording people's reactions while you do this

I don't know what I would say/do... I'd think you were crazy and possibly dangerous

So I'd probably say, "Umm.... OK, I guess so... Let me just get my phone out of my car. I wanna take a picture of you first... Can you back up a few feet for a clear shot?

gets back into driver's seat while stepping on clutch
quickly shuts, locks door with left hand, frantically jabbing the START button with right hand
drives away screaming "what the F'in H was that all about... Aaaaaaahhhhh

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You conveniently missed the part where the owner would sit with me.

Also, forgot to answer the original question of the post: Would you pay for for a test drive, I.e., not would you let me drive your car with you sitting next to me.

I am not a millennial to film everything I do at home or on the street, sorry.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts