11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When you come home all gassed with your new car and your neighbor takes delivery of dream daily work truck on same day hits you with the flames and shuts down the parking lot - Liking these optics for future driveway goals even more now that they鈥檝e partnered up for E-Tech and gadget swapping (coming soon) 馃

Registered
Welcome to the forum @Kenoking001 !

I'm not sure I understand that last part, but either way, congrats on your new car (and your neighbor's new truck).

Loving the black wheels all around!

Registered
Oh! Now I get what you're talking about. Good point.

I do wonder what vehicles the two will develop together.

How's the new Civic by the way? Any first impressions?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I absolutely love it ! NA 2.0 CVT and all - coming from Passat GT VR6 dual clutch is a bit of a shock (5.8 secs 0-60
) but It doesn鈥檛 feel as slow as i thought it鈥檇 be . Very smooth and Adequate is best way I can describe it ,,, loving the design language Honda is taking so I鈥檇 say if I could do it all over again now that I鈥檝e had time with it - 100% 馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I鈥檓 waiting for this

I hope it goes on the same EV platform their building the New Hummer on (which has 1000 HP and can Crab Walk) so that鈥檚 a Honda Ridgeline on steroids if you ask me 鈥 I鈥檝e been working in the Ann Arbor MI area a lot on a project and I spotted a new hummer with manufacturers plate on it crab walking around turns probably getting all the kids to bite for social media hype ,,, it was awesome 鈥- I also heard their working on the above pic EV for Acura on that new Cadillac Lyriq framework 鈥- kinda makes BMW/Toyota Supra/Z4 deal not so special anymore 鈥 Let the fun begin 鈥

Registered
I鈥檓 waiting for this View attachment 1986 View attachment 1987
I hope it goes on the same EV platform their building the New Hummer on (which has 1000 HP and can Crab Walk) so that鈥檚 a Honda Ridgeline on steroids if you ask me 鈥 I鈥檝e been working in the Ann Arbor MI area a lot on a project and I spotted a new hummer with manufacturers plate on it crab walking around turns probably getting all the kids to bite for social media hype ,,, it was awesome 鈥- I also heard their working on the above pic EV for Acura on that new Cadillac Lyriq framework 鈥- kinda makes BMW/Toyota Supra/Z4 deal not so special anymore 鈥 Let the fun begin 鈥
I WISH Honda would do something this wild. TTHey just seem too conservative most of the time.

And what made you get rid of the Passat?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still have it 鈥- it鈥檚 in the garage in the original post pic . Always been a Civic and GLI fan my whole life 鈥擳raded in a lease MK6 Gen Jetta and was time to upgrade ,,, originally had tried to get my hands on the VW Arteon R line the first time it was supposed to drop and it kept getting delayed by Volkswagen (production) so 鈥 seen Tanner Foust whipping around The Passat GT on YouTube lol and figured if I was ever gonna get Passat now was the time because I read they were done with the Vr6 and I needed one in my life 鈥 that鈥檚 kinda why I jumped back onto civics (this gen looks kinda VW鈥檌sh inside) 鈥- May have to part with it soon as I鈥檓 gonna be living in FL without a garage for couple few years 馃が馃が馃が,,, it鈥檚 as flawless as a daily driver could be with 36k miles on it 鈥 Meticulously maintained in and out 鈥 values are crazy right now so if someone wants it bad enough we鈥檒l see . RARE SPEC 鈥

Registered
Interestingly my cross-shop for the Civic was the Jetta GLI, but the local dealers took too long to respond to me so I ended up with the Civic Touring. I love the tech in the civic, but I suspect the GLI would have been a lot faster. I like the design language of both companies a lot, so stylistically I find it to be a toss up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interestingly my cross-shop for the Civic was the Jetta GLI, but the local dealers took too long to respond to me so I ended up with the Civic Touring. I love the tech in the civic, but I suspect the GLI would have been a lot faster. I like the design language of both companies a lot, so stylistically I find it to be a toss up.
IDK I was getting GLI vibes from the new civics interior dash and seat designs ,,, 23 years of buying cars from Volkswagen for my family - they kept jerking is around with inventory and they weren鈥檛 ashamed at all to try to hit us on every possible angle on the new purchase 鈥 I was not happy ,,, wasn鈥檛 even trying to beat them up really (freaking Hyenas) I was really turned off and went back to Honda 鈥- easiest dealership experience ever and they gave me $500 off sticker in this market without even asking ,,, I felt like it was fair for everyone and I couldn鈥檛 be any happier with the purchase ,,, but OMG this thing is slow and puts power down so awkward compared to everything I鈥檝e ever had ,,, but I still like it (whole package) and out of spite lol 鈥 Gli is the only version of MK7 Jetta鈥檚 that are worth it 鈥- that 1.4TSI is fucking garbage ,,, Honda still better CVT and all but I do miss driving my Passat GT ,,, double the horse and torque is def noticeable lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts