11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Telluride has a wired-only connection for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

There are dongles that allow you to plug in and then connect to wirelessly to get you wireless Apple CarPlay. The carlinkit3.0 adapter is one of these. I have been using one since January. It's not completely perfect, but I think that the small drawbacks (worst of which is the ~1-2 second delay in sound when you are changing tracks) are worth it given the massive increase in convenience. No more taking my phone out on my daily commute or running errands if I don't want to, but I still have the CarPlay interface and everything I want.

However, there are not any dongles that provide this functionality to add wireless Android Auto. I would love to be proven wrong someday, but as of now, I have not found anything. Every time I have seen anyone try to say they have found one, simply reading the product description will tell you it will not work. So, sorry, primarily Android users.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We used one of those in our Lexus LC500. Worked just right the first and every time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
“There are dongles that allow you to plug in and then connect to wirelessly to get you wireless Apple CarPlay. The carlinkit3.0 adapter is one of these.“

I have the one we used in our Lexus here in a drawer if anyone is interested. Our ‘15 Si has an aftermarket head unit with wireless CP. Took the Lexus in for service and sold it to the dealer, in part making room for the newer Si.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts