11th Gen Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
So now I’ve asked for Apple and Honda’s help and they just tell me to go to the other company essentially. This is why Honda Dropped to 11th on JD Power in Customer service.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Hello,

Is anybody else experiencing wireless charging issues on the new Touring model? I have an iPhone 12, that I wireless charge fine on all of my other chargers with the case I have. I have even removed the case, and I can't seem to keep the charging connection going in the car. It links and starts charges when I first lay it down most of the time, but it disconnects shortly after. I will most likely have to call for service, but I've only had it 4 days.

Please let me know your experience. Thanks
I know Apple has issues with the IPhone 12 and wireless charging

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone this is my first post. I just got the new 22 civic touring and I too was having issues with wireless charging my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Would connect for a few seconds and then drop connection and both indicator lights would flash green and yellow. So I held the power button down for a few seconds turned it back on still nothing, did a short press on the power button and then it started charging. I don’t know if there are different frequencies or signals but that short press on the power button did something

·
Super Moderator
141 Posts
Hi everyone this is my first post. I just got the new 22 civic touring and I too was having issues with wireless charging my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Would connect for a few seconds and then drop connection and both indicator lights would flash green and yellow. So I held the power button down for a few seconds turned it back on still nothing, did a short press on the power button and then it started charging. I don’t know if there are different frequencies or signals but that short press on the power button did something
So the short press works every time or?

We should not have to rub our bellies and tap our heads to get our phones to charge LOL

But I am willing to try :)

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Same issue with same phone and car here. I think it’s an Apple issue not a Honda issue. Look at wireless charging on Apple forums it’s been an issue with this phone for months

·
Registered
2 Posts
Power hut
So the short press works every time or?

We should not have to rub our bellies and tap our heads to get our phones to charge LOL

But I am willing to try :)
haha. I did this all yesterday and so far it has continued to work. On my to work this morning and on my way home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Something else interesting. If you don’t turn the engine on mine seems to keep charging without issue. Only after turning the engine on does it start blinking and stop charging. Weird.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Aside from those issues, how are you liking your Civic?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Will try this tomorrow morning while going to work.
I also just updated my iPhone 12 pro to the iOS15 RC maybe they fixed it through that

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok I can confirm that pushing the pad power button a few times with a short or quick press also seems to clear the amber/green error and the. It continues to charge fine. Must be clearing some sort of stop measure. At least this a nice work around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Being on iOS15 doesn’t do squat
And the power button trick well it doesn’t stay for long(maybe cuz thr phonr moved) and I had to remove my otterbox magsafe case SIGH

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Being on iOS15 doesn’t do squat
And the power button trick well it doesn’t stay for long(maybe cuz thr phonr moved) and I had to remove my otterbox magsafe case SIGH
I hear Apple is having issues with the IPhone 12 not wirelessly charging which their forums say this too. Might not be a Honda issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
my iPhone 12 charges on everything else just fine…

The quick successive push of the pad power button after it fails (while the phone is removed) seems to work to keep it charging for the rest of the drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hear Apple is having issues with the IPhone 12 not wirelessly charging which their forums say this too. Might not be a Honda issue.
Well someone has to give and fix it.
I guess we'll see with the iPhone 13 if anyone here is planning on getting it to see the charging issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Honda is aware of the problem just like they are aware of the ACURA issues…
Now the iPhone 13’s deliver tomorrow…I will let you know.

FROM HONDA:
If you have a customer stating their Apple iPhone® 12 (all models: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max) does not charge when using the wireless charger, please let them know that we are aware of these concerns and are currently looking into it. Replacing the wireless charger or using another iPhone 12 will not address the customer’s concern. Please inform your customer to use a USB charging cord until a repair is available.

This was on the NHTSA.GOV complaint site….see pic

Attachments

61 - 80 of 90 Posts