11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
iPhone X owner here. Upgrading this year. But the wireless charger in the car just does absolutely nothing good for my X. It looses connection indicated by the yellow and green light blinking, it heats up my phone to where it starts lagging, and I have yet to see it charge my phone up by more than 1% in all my tests. I've obviously turned it off since I've realized this. Hopefully getting a new phone soon will fix it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I test drove the touring last week and my iPhone XS wound not consistently charge while connected to CarPlay wirelessly. Even repositioning the phone as stated in a Honda Accord forum didn’t work for long. I assume this is a result of being a cheap wireless charger and I do not think it has anything to do with the iPhone software. Kinda disappointing.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I test drove the touring last week and my iPhone XS wound not consistently charge while connected to CarPlay wirelessly. Even repositioning the phone as stated in a Honda Accord forum didn’t work for long. I assume this is a result of being a cheap wireless charger and I do not think it has anything to do with the iPhone software. Kinda disappointing.
Hi @SuperGT and welcome to the forum. Do you have a case on your iPhone? Sometimes that can affect how well the wireless charging works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes I have a slim fit case. It is really the thinnest case you can get for a phone and has never given me problems with wireless chargers in the past. If you are correct and this is to blame I would still argue the wireless charger needs improvement. I will test more extensively when the hatchback comes out, as that is the vehicle I am interested in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For what it's worth I have an iPhone X with Apple's leather case and I really haven't had any issues with wireless charging. I find that it's a bit touchy about placement like many wireless chargers are, but for me as long as it's placed right in the middle of the charger it continually charges without interruption.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes I have a slim fit case. It is really the thinnest case you can get for a phone and has never given me problems with wireless chargers in the past. If you are correct and this is to blame I would still argue the wireless charger needs improvement. I will test more extensively when the hatchback comes out, as that is the vehicle I am interested in.
Hey @SuperGT, glad you could join us.

Have you tried to position your phone in different ways on the charging pad? I find that sometimes that can work with wireless chargers in general. We shouldn't have to do that but it can be a solution here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey @SuperGT, glad you could join us.

Have you tried to position your phone in different ways on the charging pad? I find that sometimes that can work with wireless chargers in general. We shouldn't have to do that but it can be a solution here.
Happy to be here. Proud owner of an 07 ex coupe. I’ll definitely try again when I test drive the hatch hopefully in the next few months. I really enjoyed the wireless CarPlay when test driving the sedan so fingers crossed it’s just a placement issue!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts