11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is anybody else experiencing wireless charging issues on the new Touring model? I have an iPhone 12, that I wireless charge fine on all of my other chargers with the case I have. I have even removed the case, and I can't seem to keep the charging connection going in the car. It links and starts charges when I first lay it down most of the time, but it disconnects shortly after. I will most likely have to call for service, but I've only had it 4 days.

Please let me know your experience. Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've had no issues with mine so far, I've had my iPhone X charging on it for a couple hours so far with no disconnects.

Have you tried moving it around slightly on the wireless charging pad? Sometimes if it's placed close but just not quite right it'll work for a short while and then disconnect like you described.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had no issues with mine so far, I've had my iPhone X charging on it for a couple hours so far with no disconnects.

Have you tried moving it around slightly on the wireless charging pad? Sometimes if it's placed close but just not quite right it'll work for a short while and then disconnect like you described.
Yes, I have moved it all around and flipped it around end to end. No matter where I place it, I can't keep a connection.

·
Registered
186 Posts
11 Pro Max and XS Max, both connect instantly and charge without issues. Could it be the case? We use basic transparent TPU ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those that haven’t had any issues, have you tried using other car play options like music or nav at the same time? My charging seems to lose connection then.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Those that haven’t had any issues, have you tried using other car play options like music or nav at the same time? My charging seems to lose connection then.
I used Apple Music + Apple Maps together over wireless CarPlay earlier today with my phone on the wireless charger. No issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Is anybody else experiencing wireless charging issues on the new Touring model? I have an iPhone 12, that I wireless charge fine on all of my other chargers with the case I have. I have even removed the case, and I can't seem to keep the charging connection going in the car. It links and starts charges when I first lay it down most of the time, but it disconnects shortly after. I will most likely have to call for service, but I've only had it 4 days.

2021 Accord EX-L owner here. Joined here to answer your question. It seems some of us with Accords and iPhone 12s have had trouble with the wireless charger. I think it has something to do with Magsafe on the 12, because my wife's 11 works just fine. The wireless charger in the Civic Touring looks like it might be the same as the charger in the Accord EX-L and Touring, so this thread on driveaccord.net may be of assistance to you: Does the wireless charger on the 2021 suck for anyone...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

Hello,

Just purchased a 2022 touring myself and I’m having the same issue with my IPhone 12 Pro Max.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It’s disheartening, that’s one of the main reasons I went for the touring. From reading other forums, it seems like it’s mostly related to the iPhone 12 series. I guess a mag safe charger is in my future

·
Registered
186 Posts
I tried switching between Navigation, Google maps and Waze, it is charging without any interruptions. Instead, what I did notice though is that Navigation is not switching into the night mode automatically as it is supposed to. Perhaps it depends on some other option we are yet to discover.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It’s disheartening, that’s one of the main reasons I went for the touring. From reading other forums, it seems like it’s mostly related to the iPhone 12 series. I guess a mag safe charger is in my future
TBH, I was really excited about wireless charging back when it was first announced, but back then I had an S7 with a battery that was good for like 6 hours. Now that it's croaked and I use my wife's old XS Max that's good for 3 days charging is less of an issue.

Re: Magsafe. Jeez, those clowns just can't live without their proprietary accessories.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2021 Accord EX-L owner here. Joined here to answer your question. It seems some of us with Accords and iPhone 12s have had trouble with the wireless charger. I think it has something to do with Magsafe on the 12, because my wife's 11 works just fine. The wireless charger in the Civic Touring looks like it might be the same as the charger in the Accord EX-L and Touring, so this thread on driveaccord.net may be of assistance to you: Does the wireless charger on the 2021 suck for anyone...
Thanks, I have tried the “N” method suggested on the other forum and for now it seems to be a decent work around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but could you please explain the “N” method?
A user on driveaccord.net was able to get his iPhone 12 to charge by placing his phone diagonally on the charger, forming an "N" with the guides on the side.

That does not appear to be necessary. At least on the Accord, you need to put something at the back of the charger so the phone is about 1cm from the back.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts