11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 civic touring. Carplay wireless works, but sometimes it becomes janky and then the screen goes funky upon startup… I was able to mitigate a bit by adjusting the wifi connection that the car uses to connect to phone for CarPlay after bluetooth handshake (it was on low data mode).

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on a fix, picture attached to show the funky.

One theory I have is the car forgets to use wifi and continues on bluetooth and overloads it with data…

Plant Output device Communication Device Gadget Telephony

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
4 Posts
2022 civic touring. Carplay wireless works, but sometimes it becomes janky and then the screen goes funky upon startup… I was able to mitigate a bit by adjusting the wifi connection that the car uses to connect to phone for CarPlay after bluetooth handshake (it was on low data mode).

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on a fix, picture attached to show the funky.

One theory I have is the car forgets to use wifi and continues on bluetooth and overloads it with data…

View attachment 3529
Hey!!! This is happening to me alllllll the time!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I found a work around... you just have to not bug it while it's starting up. Let it sit in the main menu for a bit, test it every five seconds or so until the app opening is smooth. If you boot it up right into the maps and have navigation running it overwhelms the system.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
4 Posts
So, I found a work around... you just have to not bug it while it's starting up. Let it sit in the main menu for a bit, test it every five seconds or so until the app opening is smooth. If you boot it up right into the maps and have navigation running it overwhelms the system.
this is interesting...i will try it! thanks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts