11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my windows tinted XPEL XR 20% on all sides and noticed a gap between the edge of window and tint. Is this normal or am I looking too much into it? Attached some photos, any suggestions/comments is much appreciated!

Automotive lighting Gesture Fixture Finger Vehicle door

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Tread

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got my windows tinted XPEL XR 20% on all sides and noticed a gap between the edge of window and tint. Is this normal or am I looking too much into it? Attached some photos, any suggestions/comments is much appreciated!

View attachment 3659

View attachment 3660

View attachment 3661

View attachment 3662

View attachment 3663
I just got the same tint installed on mine and the gap is not quite as present as yours. I’ll take a couple of photos and post it later. Im not sure if that is normal or not…. This is the first vehicle I’ve owned that I had gotten the windows tinted.

Other than the gap are you digging the xpel? It completely changes the look of the car. I love it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got the same tint installed on mine and the gap is not quite as present as yours. I’ll take a couple of photos and post it later. Im not sure if that is normal or not…. This is the first vehicle I’ve owned that I had gotten the windows tinted.

Other than the gap are you digging the xpel? It completely changes the look of the car. I love it!
Hand Plant Automotive tire Wood Tire

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got my windows tinted XPEL XR 20% on all sides and noticed a gap between the edge of window and tint. Is this normal or am I looking too much into it?
Roll your windows all the way up while sitting in your car. If you can still see the gap when looking near the top of your closed window from the inside, then yes, they cut it too low. The gap is there so that when windows are rolled up and down, the tint won’t get pulled off. If the tint covered 100% of the window, it could start pulling off in time after windows are rolled up and down enough. If the gap is noticeable when windows are up, you should request to have it redone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Went to the shop & they realized their mistake - They apologized & will be re-doing the tint!

Appreciate the feedback! Other than the gap, I love the tint. Makes the car look aggressive af. Really happy with the 20% tint, thought it would be difficult to drive at night but no issues. Same here, it's my first car + tint, so not really experienced ahaha.

Roll your windows all the way up while sitting in your car. If you can still see the gap when looking near the top of your closed window from the inside, then yes, they cut it too low. The gap is there so that when windows are rolled up and down, the tint won’t get pulled off. If the tint covered 100% of the window, it could start pulling off in time after windows are rolled up and down enough. If the gap is noticeable when windows are up, you should request to have it redone.
Thanks for the feedback! The shop said the same thing, but once I showed them the uneven cut, they realized their mistake & will fix it 🍻

·
Registered
39 Posts
good news…. That gap is ridiculous, I’ve had so many cars tinted and never once saw that. Glad they are standing behind their work.

Update: Went to the shop & they realized their mistake - They apologized & will be re-doing the tint!

Appreciate the feedback! Other than the gap, I love the tint. Makes the car look aggressive af. Really happy with the 20% tint, thought it would be difficult to drive at night but no issues. Same here, it's my first car + tint, so not really experienced ahaha.

Thanks for the feedback! The shop said the same thing, but once I showed them the uneven cut, they realized their mistake & will fix it 🍻

·
Registered
91 Posts
My tint goes near the edge of the window - it's pretty seamless. The same shop did my Accord and it never had issues for 5 years.

Glad to see the shop is redoing it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts