11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, guess I spoke a bit too soon. I went out this morning and went to roll down the window and was greeted with the loud squeak once more. I'm booked for another service appointment for Wednesday - hopefully they'll do a little more than just roll down the windows and shoot some grease into the rails.
Dang I hope you can find the issue. My squeak was so loud when I first got it so I was like omg that’s not right. But I was so busy at the time I was going to wait for my 1500 mile first oil change and ask them to look at it then. But I slowly went away and I no longer hear it. Does it make the sound all the way up and down or just near the top or bottom?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dang I hope you can find the issue. My squeak was so loud when I first got it so I was like omg that’s not right. But I was so busy at the time I was going to wait for my 1500 mile first oil change and ask them to look at it then. But I slowly went away and I no longer hear it. Does it make the sound all the way up and down or just near the top or bottom?
It's worst when it first moves down and when it last moves up but it squeaks through pretty much all of it. I suspect that just rolling down the window and dropping some grease into the rails wasn't enough, they probably need to remove the door panel and lubricate properly which I'm hoping is what they'll do when I take it in again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's worst when it first moves down and when it last moves up but it squeaks through pretty much all of it. I suspect that just rolling down the window and dropping some grease into the rails wasn't enough, they probably need to remove the door panel and lubricate properly which I'm hoping is what they'll do when I take it in again.
Yah I hope that fixes your issue, that is an annoyance!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, guess I spoke a bit too soon. I went out this morning and went to roll down the window and was greeted with the loud squeak once more. I'm booked for another service appointment for Wednesday - hopefully they'll do a little more than just roll down the windows and shoot some grease into the rails.
I guess this is Honda's way to break-in new cars - for a first few hundred km/miles you go back and forth to the dealer...:rolleyes:
As I mentioned before, window squeak is not 'that' easy fix. There are lot of stuff inside the door where window glides of so if technician is not paying attention (s)he could scratch your door while opening panel, might not properly put plastic protection when assembling panel, etc.
If I were you, I would do it myself even though car is brand new...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I don't know if anyone's overly interested in my saga with this so far but here's another update -

I took it back in on Wednesday where they once again rolled down the window and sprayed grease into the rails. This time they used a lot more - I could smell it when I got back into the car afterwards, and I also had to go back inside to voice my extreme displeasure to the service staff when I found that the window, the frame and the paint by the door handle were also coated in grease. Even some of the interior touchpoints were greasy which I had to address myself at home.

Now it's Sunday and guess what's come back? That's right, the window squeak has started again. Luckily I already have a Tuesday appointment booked, but I am frustrated it's going back yet again.

I honestly would give it a crack myself at this point but I am not a handyman and if I break something, it's on me to pay for and fix. If the dealer breaks it, at least it's not my money going into that repair.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know if anyone's overly interested in my saga with this so far but here's another update -

I took it back in on Wednesday where they once again rolled down the window and sprayed grease into the rails. This time they used a lot more - I could smell it when I got back into the car afterwards, and I also had to go back inside to voice my extreme displeasure to the service staff when I found that the window, the frame and the paint by the door handle were also coated in grease. Even some of the interior touchpoints were greasy which I had to address myself at home.

Now it's Sunday and guess what's come back? That's right, the window squeak has started again. Luckily I already have a Tuesday appointment booked, but I am frustrated it's going back yet again.

I honestly would give it a crack myself at this point but I am not a handyman and if I break something, it's on me to pay for and fix. If the dealer breaks it, at least it's not my money going into that repair.
Yah that sounds like a big time annoyance! I was one of the people that dealt with squeak in the driver side window but mine faded away and haven’t dealt with anything since so it sounds like yours might be a different issue. Sounds like others may be dealing with those squeaks, so I hope something can be figured out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ever since I added tint to the window there’s a slightly squeak when rolling down/ up nothing to crazy though. That’s how tight it is 😩

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sure. It is helpful to know of issues' resolutions no matter how small they are.

Sorry to hear your struggle with brand new car. At least it is a nuisance and not major issue.

As I mentioned before, in order to REALLY address this issue they would have to pry open door panel and lubricate (or adjust) inside railings. This takes time and dedication to do it properly. Just spraying some kind of lubricant might not help.
Plus try to find what kind of lubricant they used as not all lubricants are rubber friendly and if they use generic one your rubber will eventually disintegrate...
Tell me how much time work order allocated to 'resolve' this issue. I bet 10 minutes or less...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I visited my favourite place in the whole wide world this morning, the dealer. They finally agreed to disassemble the door and inspect/lubricate the rails properly. However, despite this, the window continues to squeak pretty loudly.

They now think there's something just defective and have ordered a new "run channel" to be installed when it arrives, they'll call to schedule an appointment once it comes in. Hopefully this will solve the problem once and for all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just curious if anyone else has noticed squeaky windows with their new Civics? I was out over the weekend and noticed that rolling both up and down the driver's window has a noticeable somewhat loud squeak to it. None of the other windows have this, they're silent as should be.
I picked up my new 2022 Civic EX 2 days ago, and my front passenger side window is squeaking. I’ve read through the comments on this thread . . not too encouraging! There’s no sticker on the passenger window, so it is not that. The dealer told me to let them know if it continues.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts