11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone else has noticed squeaky windows with their new Civics? I was out over the weekend and noticed that rolling both up and down the driver's window has a noticeable somewhat loud squeak to it. None of the other windows have this, they're silent as should be.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just curious if anyone else has noticed squeaky windows with their new Civics? I was out over the weekend and noticed that rolling both up and down the driver's window has a noticeable somewhat loud squeak to it. None of the other windows have this, they're silent as should be.
Yes! I honestly think it’s the Honda sticker on the window causing it. It was really loud a week ago and after a week of using it’s gotten much much quieter. I’m not worried but something I’ll monitor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes! I honestly think it’s the Honda sticker on the window causing it. It was really loud a week ago and after a week of using it’s gotten much much quieter. I’m not worried but something I’ll monitor.
Interesting, I hadn't considered the sticker. I booked a service appointment on Thursday with the dealer, we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can you actually pinpoint where it squeaks? Maybe little bit of some special grease (silicon, Teflon) in windows tracks can fix it?
I believe it is a good idea to grease tracks of all windows to lower moving resistance...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Jolly95. Do you think the weather could also be part of it, if it change by much since you took delivery? Aside from that, what are you thoughts on build quality and the overall experience?

Share any likes/dislikes you have here What do you like or dislike about the 2022 Civic?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Nothing on my touring model. All seems to be solid so far. On my 10th gen hatch I had multiple window motor failures
Welcome to the forum @JA531. How long did you own your 10th gen and how many miles did you put on it? What do you think about the build quality of both 10th and 11th gen models?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you actually pinpoint where it squeaks? Maybe little bit of some special grease (silicon, Teflon) in windows tracks can fix it?
I believe it is a good idea to grease tracks of all windows to lower moving resistance...
I tried but it's hard to tell, somewhere down inside the door panel. I would try fixing it myself but it's a brand new car and that's what the warranty is for, I'll just let the dealer figure it out and handle it.

Oh nice, will you update me please on if they find anything?
Will do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Jolly95. Do you think the weather could also be part of it, if it change by much since you took delivery? Aside from that, what are you thoughts on build quality and the overall experience?

Share any likes/dislikes you have here What do you like or dislike about the 2022 Civic?
Thank you for the warm welcome. Build quality is excellent. It has been in the 90s in Chicago the last few day and before that it rained a ton last week. Honestly I don’t think it’s the weather as much as maybe a film on the window after they detailed it or just those stickers. The squeaking really only happens when rolling up the window when it gets close to fully closed, that’s why I suspected the sticker as the culprit. Otherwise, I’ve only noticed a slight rattle in the B pillar from the mechanism that changes the seat belt height but it comes and goes and doesn’t bother me enough to investigate. Other than that the digital dash has been great, no issues there and the infotainment is really fast. When using wireless apple carplay, you have to go in know that it will glitch from time to time, but this isn’t a civic problem rather an automotive problem that will get better with time. Car seems to really warm up quick compared to my previous generation civic which I hope translates to the winter time when it really matters! I am not sure if anyone else can confirm but it feels faster than 180 hp from a seat of the pants feel. I was coming from a car with 250 hp / 280 torq and this doesn’t feel quite as punchy but doesn’t feel like 70 hp difference. Could just be me though. Doors feel solid, dash feels solid, leather is nice, only wish they had lumbar adjustment for those longer trips. Honestly super impressed and I lean heavily towards the camp of I love the way this one look way more than the outgoing model. Everything just feels like a step more refined than the outgoing model if you decide to go with the touring like I did. Knobs are awesome, center arm rest is plush with good storage space. Even the plastics where you know they cost cut seem well thought out, which makes me happy because the designers had consumers in mind. Knobs and buttons are solid and the screen is vibrant. The wireless charger has a little ambient light at night so you can see the cubby and the charger has this sweet grip to it so your phone doesn’t go sliding around. The Bose 12 speaker sound system is no joke, it’s worth every penny. Exclusion of a USB c port seems like an over sight and I wish there were rear vents for passengers on those hotter days but this is nitpicking in my opinion. Gas mileage is as advertised. I get about 32 in the city and 41 on the highway. I fully prepare to get an intake and tune to make it more playful but Honda nailed the dynamics of this thing. No joke, this thing is confidence inspiring to drive! Can’t wait to auto cross with it up north and see how she compares. Oh and one last thing that they definitely missed on was the tires. I’m not alone with this complaint as the road noise over not perfect pavement is excessive. Not a huge deal seeing as it’s a consumable but definitely a miss. Feel free to ask any other questions, I bought my car about 2 weeks ago and have almost 1000 miles on it so far so I think I have a decent grasp on it already!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome. Build quality is excellent. It has been in the 90s in Chicago the last few day and before that it rained a ton last week. Honestly I don’t think it’s the weather as much as maybe a film on the window after they detailed it or just those stickers. The squeaking really only happens when rolling up the window when it gets close to fully closed, that’s why I suspected the sticker as the culprit. Otherwise, I’ve only noticed a slight rattle in the B pillar from the mechanism that changes the seat belt height but it comes and goes and doesn’t bother me enough to investigate. Other than that the digital dash has been great, no issues there and the infotainment is really fast. When using wireless apple carplay, you have to go in know that it will glitch from time to time, but this isn’t a civic problem rather an automotive problem that will get better with time. Car seems to really warm up quick compared to my previous generation civic which I hope translates to the winter time when it really matters! I am not sure if anyone else can confirm but it feels faster than 180 hp from a seat of the pants feel. I was coming from a car with 250 hp / 280 torq and this doesn’t feel quite as punchy but doesn’t feel like 70 hp difference. Could just be me though. Doors feel solid, dash feels solid, leather is nice, only wish they had lumbar adjustment for those longer trips. Honestly super impressed and I lean heavily towards the camp of I love the way this one look way more than the outgoing model. Everything just feels like a step more refined than the outgoing model if you decide to go with the touring like I did. Knobs are awesome, center arm rest is plush with good storage space. Even the plastics where you know they cost cut seem well thought out, which makes me happy because the designers had consumers in mind. Knobs and buttons are solid and the screen is vibrant. The wireless charger has a little ambient light at night so you can see the cubby and the charger has this sweet grip to it so your phone doesn’t go sliding around. The Bose 12 speaker sound system is no joke, it’s worth every penny. Exclusion of a USB c port seems like an over sight and I wish there were rear vents for passengers on those hotter days but this is nitpicking in my opinion. Gas mileage is as advertised. I get about 32 in the city and 41 on the highway. I fully prepare to get an intake and tune to make it more playful but Honda nailed the dynamics of this thing. No joke, this thing is confidence inspiring to drive! Can’t wait to auto cross with it up north and see how she compares. Oh and one last thing that they definitely missed on was the tires. I’m not alone with this complaint as the road noise over not perfect pavement is excessive. Not a huge deal seeing as it’s a consumable but definitely a miss. Feel free to ask any other questions, I bought my car about 2 weeks ago and have almost 1000 miles on it so far so I think I have a decent grasp on it already!
Aside from the intake and tune are you thinking of other mods for autocross? For the tires are you going to replace them soon or are you going to wear the stock ones down first?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would consider
Aside from the intake and tune are you thinking of other mods for autocross? For the tires are you going to replace them soon or are you going to wear the stock ones down first?
The stock tires are actually decent performers but they are loud from a road noise, daily driver perspective. I would consider an exhaust like Remark if they make one for the 11th gen. Keep it quiet for the street but decent air flow and weight savings for a good price. Other than that no because at the end of the day it’s a car I want to last me for a long time so I don’t want to go crazy with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would consider

The stock tires are actually decent performers but they are loud from a road noise, daily driver perspective. I would consider an exhaust like Remark if they make one for the 11th gen. Keep it quiet for the street but decent air flow and weight savings for a good price. Other than that no because at the end of the day it’s a car I want to last me for a long time so I don’t want to go crazy with it.
Oh and definitely a good set of pads for the track!

·
Registered
33 Posts
  • People complain of low picture quality of backup camera. Any comment on that?
  • Did you try ACC? Is it stop-and-go or as you stop you have to nudge it to continue going?
Yes the back up camera is low quality but the cross traffic sensor when in reverse has worked flawlessly. Honestly I don’t need 4K when I’m in reverse so it doesn’t bother me at all, it’s just nice to have anything when in reverse. It is also has a super wide angle lens which may have something to do with the picture quality but it works as it should. ACC works well. Coming from a Ford this system is much better than copilot 360+ IMO. Once ACC brings you to a full stop it will warn you that it’s stopped and will start going again but it will reset your speed to 20 mph. So if this is confusing let me give an example. If I had the cruise set to 45 and then ACC brings you to a full stop it will get you moving again no problems but the ACC speed will reset itself to 20 mph. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If I had the cruise set to 45 and then ACC brings you to a full stop it will get you moving again no problems but the ACC speed will reset itself to 20 mph. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot! I guess I will be happy with backup camera as I never had one. I wish Civic had 360 cameras but maybe it will get it in next 15 years before ICE gets banned.
As for ACC - this is really strange!?! So, it will get you moving aftger full stop but to get you to original set speed you have to press 'resume' or to set speed again?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks a lot! I guess I will be happy with backup camera as I never had one. I wish Civic had 360 cameras but maybe it will get it in next 15 years before ICE gets banned.
As for ACC - this is really strange!?! So, it will get you moving aftger full stop but to get you to original set speed you have to press 'resume' or to set speed again?
I personally think that the parking sensors on these new cars are so good that it can act 95% like a 360 cam. Would it be nice to have? Sure but under 30k its understandable that it’s not included and if you’re like me and have never had 360, you could never miss it🤣
As for the ACC, yah it’s different than other systems I’ve tried but honestly if you come to a full stop on the highway it probably means that you’re going to be in stop and go traffic for a little while so the system will reset you speed to 20 mph so that the computer isn’t trying to get you up to 70 mph with every gap in traffic. It’s pretty smart honestly but it’s something new to me as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh nice, will you update me please on if they find anything?
Update: I just came back from the dealer. They lubricated the window rails and said it wasn't squeaking anymore, a quick test in the parking lot before I left (it was raining so I didn't want to mess around too much) sounded better. They said to keep an eye out and if it comes back to bring it back in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yah I was using the car the other day and the squeaking is no longer there anyway. I think it was seriously the sticker but if it comes back I’ll let you know what the dealer says!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, guess I spoke a bit too soon. I went out this morning and went to roll down the window and was greeted with the loud squeak once more. I'm booked for another service appointment for Wednesday - hopefully they'll do a little more than just roll down the windows and shoot some grease into the rails.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts