11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about getting 20% ceramic all around and 50 or 70% on the windshield and was wondering if the windshield tint would affect the auto headlights or any other function of the car. A friend of mine got his bmw’s windshield tinted and now his infotainment screen dims during the day as if it’s night. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a clear ceramic on the windshield. So no issues with anything that I’ve seen. But it’s clear and is 70 or 80%. If it was dyed idk.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport
85 Posts
I’m thinking about getting 20% ceramic all around and 50 or 70% on the windshield and was wondering if the windshield tint would affect the auto headlights or any other function of the car. A friend of mine got his bmw’s windshield tinted and now his infotainment screen dims during the day as if it’s night. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
I know SunTek tint is fine. Not sure about cheap tint solutions but if you get a higher-end brand, it will be fine 100%.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should be fine, I am actually getting tint done this afternoon on my 2022 sedan touring. 3M XPEL XR Black (ceramic) 80% on the windshield and 30% all around is what I am thinking.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport HPD
87 Posts
You should have zero issues with tint and sensors or cameras. I have just under 25,000 miles on my 2022 Civic Sport and have had zero issues with my windows being tinted. I had Wincos 20% Ceramic film installed the day after I took delivery back in June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts