11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at used Honda Civics and want to know which model year was the most reliable. As well as any common problems, issues or complaints I should know before purchasing. Tips on servicing, maintenance and others that need to be considered will also be appreciated. It will be for a relative that's looking for one but doesn't know much about cars, so I'm hoping the knowledge gained here will help me help them!. Thanks :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
There're no real dogs there. Just watch out for cars coming off a lease with no service records - there are people who drive for 3 years without rotating tires or changing oil, and avoid high-mileage ones - if they are due for timing belt/water pump service it will cost a pretty penny.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There're no real dogs there. Just watch out for cars coming off a lease with no service records - there are people who drive for 3 years without rotating tires or changing oil, and avoid high-mileage ones - if they are due for timing belt/water pump service it will cost a pretty penny.
Do you think its worth paying a bit more and getting a CPO Honda Civic or doing some homework to get one used elsewhere?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do you think its worth paying a bit more and getting a CPO Honda Civic or doing some homework to get one used elsewhere?
I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but I am not sure now is a good time to buy. Look at it this way, two years ago I bought my wife a touring sedan. It had less than 10k on it, and I paid just under $21k out of the door, titled and registered. Right now, I see similar cars at $22-23k, that is $24-25k with taxes and fees. This is ridiculous, considering the fact that the new one can be had for $29k with taxes, and 0% or 0.9% financing. So, personally, I would wait for the new model, see what it offers, what the prices are like, if there are deals on '21's, and if the stock and pricing of used models improves. Oh, and don't buy the LX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts