11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently pre-ordered a 2023 Honda Civic LX, in meteoroid grey metallic color.
Here's how it will look (image1) (image2). The wheels are 16".
I live in Canada, so my plan is to put snow tires on the steel wheels it comes with, and buy aftermarket alloy wheels for summer tires. I'm trying to find some options that are reasonably priced, good quality, and match the car. So far I've mainly been looking at Enkei wheels, as I've heard they are a good bang for the buck in the aftermarket world.
I see 2 directions I could go with for the wheels. Either I could go for something like the civic touring features, which would complement the black and chrome elements of the trim. Or I could go for something like the civic sport, and do a chrome delete to make everything match. I'd be fine with either, but I'm struggling to find wheels that seem to match the car.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys have!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I really wanted to pass this one by without commenting but....... As everyone will tell you over and over and over...... It is YOUR car. Don't ask questions here that are purely personal preference. Especially something this basoc. Also, please save everyone on the forum some time and read your owners manual when you get the car. 99% of your questions can be answered by your manual.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I recently pre-ordered a 2023 Honda Civic LX, in meteoroid grey metallic color.
Here's how it will look (image1) (image2). The wheels are 16".
I live in Canada, so my plan is to put snow tires on the steel wheels it comes with, and buy aftermarket alloy wheels for summer tires. I'm trying to find some options that are reasonably priced, good quality, and match the car. So far I've mainly been looking at Enkei wheels, as I've heard they are a good bang for the buck in the aftermarket world.
I see 2 directions I could go with for the wheels. Either I could go for something like the civic touring features, which would complement the black and chrome elements of the trim. Or I could go for something like the civic sport, and do a chrome delete to make everything match. I'd be fine with either, but I'm struggling to find wheels that seem to match the car.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys have!
I have the Touring and love the wheels on it. But the OEM's are 18s. So 1) Not sure if they'd fit on the LX and 2) You'd have to get a 3rd set of tires if you wanted them

·
Registered
125 Posts
I really wanted to pass this one by without commenting but....... As everyone will tell you over and over and over...... It is YOUR car. Don't ask questions here that are purely personal preference. Especially something this basoc. Also, please save everyone on the forum some time and read your owners manual when you get the car. 99% of your questions can be answered by your manual.
Jesus. How much do you hate your life?

OP is excited about getting their car soon. I'm sure you were excited when you were about to get yours too. Don't ruin the excitement for them. I too get annoyed when someone asks a basic question that's easily answered in the manual. This isn't that.

The function of a forum is partly to share opinions/ask questions on parts. It's pretty smart that OP is asking opinions to people who've had their vehicles for awhile.

Shoulda taken your own advice and passed this without commenting.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I picked up some Fast wheels FC-04, flow formed so they are lightweight but still strong, I got the titanium colour and I love them. Saving 13 lbs a wheel was huge for my Si. You can find them everywhere in Canada in Canadian funds, I got them on sale and free shipping. Enkies are good wheels too which I have owned in the past, but I went with the Fast wheels and no complaints. I don't like black rims, I like a silver rims better, and the titanium colour of the Fast rims is perfect, a bit like gun metal with silver flake.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m not asking for people to make the decision for me. I’m simply curious if people have suggestions on wheel brands or models for me to check out. I’m sure there’s options which I haven’t come across yet in my search. But hey, sorry I asked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up some Fast wheels FC-04, flow formed so they are lightweight but still strong, I got the titanium colour and I love them. Saving 13 lbs a wheel was huge for my Si. You can find them everywhere in Canada in Canadian funds, I got them on sale and free shipping. Enkies are good wheels too which I have owned in the past, but I went with the Fast wheels and no complaints. I don't like black rims, I like a silver rims better, and the titanium colour of the Fast rims is perfect, a bit like gun metal with silver flake.
View attachment 11359

View attachment 11360
Thanks for the suggestion! Those look awesome. I Haven’t heard of that brand but I’ll definitely check them out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is kind of my dilemma whenever I think about getting new wheels: I never can find any that I think look better on my car than my stock Touring wheels. I love the saving weight part though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
View attachment 11359

View attachment 11360
Good point on the wheel weight. OP keep in mind if you go for the Touring Sedan rims that they're pretty heavy. I still use mine cause I like the look, and am getting good gas mileage already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts