11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2023 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6 Speed
3 Posts
I have trust issues when it comes to having my vehicles serviced.
I do all repairs on my own unless they are covered by warranty.
Typically purchase Honda factory oil filters online and go with a quality synthetic oil such as Mobil 1or Kirkland branded from Costco.
This way I know I’m getting exactly what I paid for in terms of oil & filter and no risk of an over anxious rookie at the dealership stripping out my oil pan, forgetting to remove an old stuck on oil filter rubber gasket or using the incorrect oil.
Thankfully I’m mechanically inclined enough, have a working garage and enjoy doing my own work.

· Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
588 Posts
I park in the street in front of my house, and have no easy way to do my own oil changes for my car, though I do them for my motorcycle using the center stand.

What's wrong with just taking the car to any ordinary (if trusted) mechanic for routine maintenance? Oil/filter, brake pads/rotors, tire rotation or mounting/balancing, battery test/replacement, etc., "I got a guy for that" who's walking distance from my house where I can drop it off with them in the AM and then get the car when they close (or even after, from the gas station attendant).

· Registered
3 Posts
I park in the street in front of my house, and have no easy way to do my own oil changes for my car, though I do them for my motorcycle using the center stand.

What's wrong with just taking the car to any ordinary (if trusted) mechanic for routine maintenance? Oil/filter, brake pads/rotors, tire rotation or mounting/balancing, battery test/replacement, etc., "I got a guy for that" who's walking distance from my house where I can drop it off with them in the AM and then get the car when they close (or even after, from the gas station attendant).
Nothing at all wrong with what you suggest, all about your comfort level.
Changing out oil & filter is an easy task, unfortunately even though it’s easy & straight forward some mechanics make mistakes as they’re working quickly since time is money.
If you have a trusted mechanic that has proven themselves to you that is a great option if you are unable, not interested or for whatever reason choose not to do it yourself.
I‘m fortunate in that I enjoy working on my own vehicles and have the time and place to do it.

· Registered
3 Posts

BTW….love my 23 Sport Touring Hatchback 6 speed manual in platinum white….just like yours:)

· Registered
2 Posts
$69 seems average if you can grab a 10% off coupon most dealers have. I can tell you having worked for dealers for years if you let them do your service and have an issue they tend to be more agreeable when working things out. One time I had an Odyssey out of warranty and transmission went out and they reviewed my service records and replaced for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts