11th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm all for getting rid of CVTs so I'll take anything over them. I think a double clutch would be great on the Si and/or the Type R BUT it shouldn't replace the manual transmission. That needs to be there for the purists.
I absolutely agree, a manual should always be an offering. It would be nice if you could get one on an LX, EX, etc. as well. I definitely can't wait to learn more, more, more.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I absolutely agree, a manual should always be an offering. It would be nice if you could get one on an LX, EX, etc. as well. I definitely can't wait to learn more, more, more.
It would be incredible if Honda did that but it would cost way too much for them to do it I think. At the very least the lower trims deserve better than a CVT.

·
Registered
158 Posts
@bluetwo @Palmer8, what do you guys think about Honda going with a sportier CVT like Lexus. In the LC 500 its so good that to most people it doesn't feel like a regular CVT. I'm sure a similar approach can be done on a level that works for cheaper cars like the Civic Si.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts