11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going, everybody? I'm Jason and/or Bluetwo and I've been gone from the Honda scene for a long time but I'm back to see where the new Civic is going. I know I'm not alone in saying I can't wait for more developments.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey @bluetwo welcome to the forum!

If you didn't see the concept reveal, here's a rundown on the main info

Here are the latest spy photos too. Looks like the concept car wheels will make it to production

What Hondas did you own before?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Here are the latest spy photos too. Looks like the concept car wheels will make it to production

Thank you, thank you. I'm really happy to be back in the know as they say. Thanks for all the content you guys have posted so far.

I don't think I'll be able to buy a 22 Civic when they get released BUT I am a photographer and aspiring YouTuber in the North Carolina area so I'd love to collaborate if anybody is looking to do that. In fact while I'm thinking about it here's my poor little YT channel https://www.youtube.com/c/JasonYergin

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sorry, I didn't see your question when I read that the first time. I had Honda's in high school and college (although those were so old you hardly ever see them any more). Over the years I've had:
  • a 1980 Prelude
  • a 1982 Prelude
  • a 94 Civic EX
  • a 00 Civic EX
  • a 08 Civic Hybrid
  • an 09 Civic Si Sedan
  • a 12 CR-Z
And hoping for an 11th gen Civic at some point.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see your question when I read that the first time. I had Honda's in high school and college (although those were so old you hardly ever see them any more). Over the years I've had:
  • a 1980 Prelude
  • a 1982 Prelude
  • a 94 Civic EX
  • a 00 Civic EX
  • a 08 Civic Hybrid
  • an 09 Civic Si Sedan
  • a 12 CR-Z
Welcome to the forum @bluetwo! Great list of Hondas here. Interesting to see the CR-Z on here, how did you find it? Also what do you think of the new Civic's design compared to the 10th gen?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum @bluetwo! Great list of Hondas here. Interesting to see the CR-Z on here, how did you find it? Also what do you think of the new Civic's design compared to the 10th gen?
Thanks for the welcome. I actually went from a highly tuned WRX to a Civic Hybrid and then from a Genesis Coupe V6 to the CR-Z, in both cases because I wanted to drive a more technologically advanced, more economical and overall smarter car... but sadly was ultimately let down by the performance.

The one thing that was awesome about the CR-Z was you could get it to auto stop the engine while still moving and still travel I would guess 30-40 feet, depending on what other drivers were doing, completely unpowered and with the engine off. If only Honda could've made the CR-Z more powerful and a more economical hybrid. The Civic Hybrid wasn't terrible but of course it could've been better.

If you wanna know more about those cars or the WRX, Genesis Coupe, or others I'm happy to share pictures etc. Just let me know 😊

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hells yes!

I'd love to see both. Did you have the 2.0T or V6 in the Gen Coupe?

And did you ever modify the CR-Z? I think it's actually a great chassis... just underpowered. I love the styling too. I guess it stems from my soft spot for the CRX.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to say up front that the WRX was far and away the car I put the most work into. I'm sure it'll be obvious that it was a labor of love when you look at it. Just be sure to read the mods about half way through the thread :) Check it out here: My 06

So I put the Subaru first even though I know this is a Honda forum... lol. But I figure we're all cars guys and girls so what the hell. Here are my Civics (that I actually got pictures of) and a couple cleaner shots of the WRX. Part of me wishes I had kept that little blue bugger but ya live and learn.

I never got any pictures of the CR-Z or did anything other than tint the windows. The 2000 Civic EX was an auto and pretty much beat to crap. I really wish I would've had some pictures of those old Preludes though. Those things were so much fun to dive fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I actually went from a highly tuned WRX to a Civic Hybrid and then from a Genesis Coupe V6 to the CR-Z, in both cases because I wanted to drive a more technologically advanced, more economical and overall smarter car... but sadly was ultimately let down by the performance.

The one thing that was awesome about the CR-Z was you could get it to auto stop the engine while still moving and still travel I would guess 30-40 feet, depending on what other drivers were doing, completely unpowered and with the engine off. If only Honda could've made the CR-Z more powerful and a more economical hybrid. The Civic Hybrid wasn't terrible but of course it could've been better.

If you wanna know more about those cars or the WRX, Genesis Coupe, or others I'm happy to share pictures etc. Just let me know 😊
That's pretty cool how you've gone back and forth with such different kinds of cars. Great way to experience different things.

I'm surprised more people haven't tried modifying the CR-Z. Like @St00k said, it seemed to have a good platform, and personally I liked the styling. Like this CR-Z for example with a supercharger attached.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have to say up front that the WRX was far and away the car I put the most work into. I'm sure it'll be obvious that it was a labor of love when you look at it. Just be sure to read the mods about half way through the thread :) Check it out here: My 06

So I put the Subaru first even though I know this is a Honda forum... lol. But I figure we're all cars guys and girls so what the hell. Here are my Civics (that I actually got pictures of) and a couple cleaner shots of the WRX. Part of me wishes I had kept that little blue bugger but ya live and learn.

I never got any pictures of the CR-Z or did anything other than tint the windows. The 2000 Civic EX was an auto and pretty much beat to crap. I really wish I would've had some pictures of those old Preludes though. Those things were so much fun to dive fast.
Was picture #4 taken at the Bonneville Salt Flats?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was picture #4 taken at the Bonneville Salt Flats?
Yeah man!! That was indeed at the Bonneville Salt Flats and I highly recommend people check that place out. I had a lot of fun stopping through there on my way to WA state, which I guess was in September of 2008... time flies. I might as well just upload a few more huh? There were a couple of Honda motorcycles there.

Also that was a badass looking CR-Z for sure. I did see a thing or two about them getting K20 engines but it seems like Honda really missed a chance to revive the passion so many had for CR-X's over the years.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Really looking forward to the manual transmission version of the Civic Sport Touring. Hoping that the infotainment screen is incorporated better than this:

·
Registered
500 Posts
  • a 1980 Prelude
  • a 1982 Prelude
  • a 94 Civic EX
  • a 00 Civic EX
  • a 08 Civic Hybrid
  • an 09 Civic Si Sedan
  • a 12 CR-Z
Coming from all those cars along with a WRX and Genesis Coupe, are there any specific things you want to see in the 11th gen Civic? Have you driven any of the current generation like the Si and even Type R?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'

Thanks for the information. I would gladly upgrade. Do you know what (if any) seat options will be available?
Hey @VBinNV! Welcome to the forum. There really isn't much info out there yet about what options are going to be available on the production models. Most of what we can gather is from the prototype. I would have to guess the Si will have different seats from the base models.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah man!! That was indeed at the Bonneville Salt Flats and I highly recommend people check that place out. I had a lot of fun stopping through there on my way to WA state, which I guess was in September of 2008... time flies. I might as well just upload a few more huh? There were a couple of Honda motorcycles there.

Also that was a badass looking CR-Z for sure. I did see a thing or two about them getting K20 engines but it seems like Honda really missed a chance to revive the passion so many had for CR-X's over the years.
That's awesome that there some bikes making runs on the flats when you were there! Did you get a chance to go on a run with your Civic across the flats?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coming from all those cars along with a WRX and Genesis Coupe, are there any specific things you want to see in the 11th gen Civic? Have you driven any of the current generation like the Si and even Type R?
I think that's a great question... and I had to think about it for a minute. I can't help but feel like Honda really needs to join the dual clutch world as an option for some cars (though of course neither of the cars you mentioned had one).

And I'm not saying for sure that should be the Si or Type R should get them... but maybe?? The CVT's are great in the cars Honda put them in for what they're meant to do but how cool are dual clutch's?

I feel like all the usual updates will take care of themselves. OH and for sure we need an actual handbrake on the performance cars even though I'm not mad at them on the standard grocery getters.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's awesome that there some bikes making runs on the flats when you were there! Did you get a chance to go on a run with your Civic across the flats?
No... I would've loved to have done that but the event coordinators were all kinds of super ultra serious about who could and couldn't do stuff.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think that's a great question... and I had to think about it for a minute. I can't help but feel like Honda really needs to join the dual clutch world as an option for some cars (though of course neither of the cars you mentioned had one).

And I'm not saying for sure that should be the Si or Type R should get them... but maybe?? The CVT's are great in the cars Honda put them in for what they're meant to do but how cool are dual clutch's?

I feel like all the usual updates will take care of themselves. OH and for sure we need an actual handbrake on the performance cars even though I'm not mad at them on the standard grocery getters.
I'm all for getting rid of CVTs so I'll take anything over them. I think a double clutch would be great on the Si and/or the Type R BUT it shouldn't replace the manual transmission. That needs to be there for the purists.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts