11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some discussion on the forum about road noise with the new Civic Touring got me to thinking. What was the quietest car I've ever owned? The noisiest? I've owned probably 25 cars in my life, the one that really stands out as the quietest was a 1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 2Dr coupe. That interior was like a tomb. Smoothest riding car I've ever owned by far. The noisiest was a 1994 Dodge Intrepid that I bought new. Cabin noise was unbearable.

My 2015 F150 XLT was probably the 2nd quietest vehicle I've ever owned. Had a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL that was also very quiet. Most if not all Ford's I've owned have been the quietest.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For me there where 2 that stand out for me . 2010 Camaro with the work done was running high 10’s In the quarter. The most fun was a 2012 boss 302 Laguna saga . That was a loud car . Ran low 11’s . My civic keeps me out of trouble 🤣

·
Registered
736 Posts
The nosiest for me was when my wife had a Jeep Wrangler. Even with the doors and roof on I find it ridiculously loud. Quietest that I've ever sat in was my friend's Lexus LS430. The ride was almost zen like.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got to love those LS1 V8's!
Is the Civic your only car at the moment or do you also have something as fun as that '98 Z28?
Sold the Camaro three yrs ago and bought it brand new in '98. I had a pile of parts ready for replacement on day one. Shifter, wheels, exhaust, and suspension parts. Three yrs later I installed new heads, cam, rearend, intake.......ect. It was fun to work on and I miss it. Had a new 99 TA also for about three months until my ex totaled it. Now I just have the Civic and the wife drives an HRV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts