11th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
LKAS. Totally useless for me. Wish I could trade it for blind spot monitoring.
Auto Idle Stop. I like emissions and fuel economy type features and all, but it's very noticeable upon startup and I just don't like the driving experience with it on.

Things other people hate but I like: Cruise control. Great for long highway drives and potentially fuel economy. I like the speed limit sign recognition. It appears to actually read the signs via the windshield mounted camera, and for me it's been accurate and convenient.

· Registered
4 Posts

We've asked about the feature that gets you all excited; now let's hear about the one that, in your opinion, is completely useless.

~MR 😊
The Engine off at idle is worthless and dangerous. This feature was causing my battery to stay discharged. I also had a close call because of this feature, not worth the 1 MPG that it gives you. I fixed it by installing the correct Idlestopper purchased on Ebay. No warranty issues, no cutting into the wiring harness, Idle stop can still be accessed easily by pressing the button. Comes with a plastic pry bar tool to make install easy. You Tube install info here

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Brand

· Registered
2022 Civic Si
58 Posts
I wouldn't say useless but kind of disappointing to buy a new 2022 Honda Civic Si and not have an LED light in the trunk and have LED bulbs in the cabin. WHY really Lol?
So I ordered a LASFIT T10 bulb from Amazon for $9. I changed my old 2007 Civic Si Sedan with all LED Bulbs in Cabin and Trunk huge difference.

-Aaron
Oh true lol
Did you do white in the trunk or get a colored one? Thanks for the tip!!

· Registered
21 Posts
I hate that the 2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring does not have a TPMS on the car and I hate that there is no button to open the trunk. Kind of annoying when you have to get out of the car to open trunk.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
I hate that the 2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring does not have a TPMS on the car and I hate that there is no button to open the trunk. Kind of annoying when you have to get out of the car to open trunk.
I'm not fully up on the different trim levels and we are also in different countries, but I would have thought a trunk button is the same on all trim levels. I have one on my Si, the button is located on the driver side door, it would suck not to have that. How about the trunk button on the remote control fob ? you might be able to use that when in the vehicle , but I have not tested mine.

· Registered
21 Posts
I'm not fully up on the different trim levels and we are also in different countries, but I would have thought a trunk button is the same on all trim levels. I have one on my Si, the button is located on the driver side door, it would suck not to have that. How about the trunk button on the remote control fob ? you might be able to use that when in the vehicle , but I have not tested mine.
The trunk button on the remote just locks the trunk. I called the dealership and they said there isn’t one

· Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
560 Posts
How would a button actually open the trunk on a hatchback? Are you imagining a power hydraulic lift or something?

I freaking HATE those things (my daughter's 2020 CR-V has it). You push a button, then wait for the hatch door to slowly rise. Using your hands/arms to open it will actually risk damaging it.

When I am opening the hatch to get stuff out or to load stuff in, I want it up and I want it up NOW; or when I want to close it, I want to slam it down NOW and not sit there watching it sink with a gentle hiss! (Plus, it's just one more power part to fail at some point!)

It's only really necessary if it's such a large vehicle that some shorter drivers actually cannot reach the hatch handle, or it's too heavy for them, to easily/comfortably manipulate. The Civic HB is not such a vehicle.

Having my ST's hatch be a normal, manual, trunk-like hatch is a huge PLUS to me.

· Registered
3 Posts
I agree with many of the opinions here, and will add: the auto high beams, the very first feature I turned off permanently. I live near a neighborhood with no streetlights on residential streets, and the beams were constantly blinding bicyclists and pedestrians when the car thought I was on a lonely country road. Not to mention it looked like I was blinding people on purpose. The regular headlights are blinding enough as it is. I can decide when high beams are necessary for myself, thanks.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
I agree with many of the opinions here, and will add: the auto high beams, the very first feature I turned off permanently. I live near a neighborhood with no streetlights on residential streets, and the beams were constantly blinding bicyclists and pedestrians when the car thought I was on a lonely country road. Not to mention it looked like I was blinding people on purpose. The regular headlights are blinding enough as it is. I can decide when high beams are necessary for myself, thanks.
Funny you say that, I get a few people flashing their lights on me as if I am running with high-beams on when I am just using the low beams (they must be very bright I guess), then I flash my high beams back at them and they get the point quickly, lol.

· Premium Member
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
134 Posts
An aftermarket power hydraulic lift system for the hatchback is supposed to come out in 2023, and I'll be getting it. The downside is that it will probably cost around 500 bucks. It will have a kick sensor and you can open and close it with your keyfob too. Looking forward to the hands-free operation.

Oooh, this is actually one of my favorite features. I think it's really cool that it automatically turns them on and off on turns and when it detects cars and whatnot. I still have to manually do them sometimes, but I'm loving them so far.

· Registered
42 Posts
My charging pad works fine with my iPhone 12 Pro (non-Max). Sometimes it doesn't charge, and I have to press the little power button in the LL corner to turn it off and back on, and then it does. I use a very thin, low-profile case.
I didn’t use a case when I would put it there and same issue. I did the power on and off trick, but it rarely worked so I just used the charging cable instead

41 - 60 of 69 Posts