11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

· Registered
2022 Civic Si
58 Posts
Civic Si here

LKAS - I have turned off because I don't need the car fighting me if I swerve an obstacle

Idle stop- turn off right at start up because it's annoying and has caused me to stall out. Or just go to sport mode 90% of the time.

Seatbelt warning pop up when I am alone, and buckled.

And cruise control, I drive a stick because I like to drive...

· Registered
341 Posts
I have my issues with LKS as well. Was driving my wife's 2022 Pilot after a snow storm. 2 lane highway was plowed to a single lane. White line was down the center and snow banks on both sides. The damn car kept trying to pull me into the snow banks to make sure it was in the lane.
You absolutely can not use LKAS in any situation where you'd have to drive not in lane. It will try to kill you.

· Registered
29 Posts
You can turn that feature off.

I never noticed how accurate mine is, I don't know if it actually reads the sign or gets the info from GPS data.
It actually reads the signs.

I have noticed that it will display the school speed limit signs usually, but that is where driver intelligence comes in. Where I am, the school speed limits are significantly slower, so I can take an educated guess that any given display is or is not a school zone.

My old GPS would do the same thing, even at midnight on a holiday weekend. I am not sure if it is a liability thing, or if people would prefer to be warned regardless of anything else.

I really appreciate it in construction zones, and anytime I have been cruising for a while in an unfamiliar area. The GPS tells me what it things the speed limit is, but the camera-based system will always display the latest sign (as long as it is within the limits of how long it will display the last-seen sign). If I were to get pulled over for exceeding the speed limit, the system would give me a decent idea of whether I was speeding on purpose, not noticing a speed limit change, or if there was a chance that the speed limit changed without me being able to tell. (I have been in situations where I was surrounded by taller vehicles in heavy traffic, and was unable to see the speed limit sign. One time I stopped in that exact situation. I stated that I was unable to notice the limit change sign, and that was -- surprisingly -- considered a valid defense; the citation was invalidated by the magistrate.)

I have to say that there are many of these features that I thought I would hate or find useless, but that I am getting used to and even appreciating. I am glad that it is possible to disable at least some of these systems though, for the people who dislike them.

· Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
560 Posts
Alllllll of the granny systems.
LKAS , automatic cruise control,lmw,All of that is pure useless crap along with tpms.
I think you have an Si, right? So yeah, LKAS pairs with ACC pairs with an auto transmission to work well (I do like a similar setup in my daughter’s 2020 CR-V Hybrid).

Although I have used the ACC on the highway to cruise for a long distance at a fixed speed with my ankle off the gas pedal, the “automatic” part (where it will decelerate with traffic, and re-accelerate, until/unless you come to a full stop) isn’t nearly as nice if you still have to downshift and upshift, LOL. Might as well just do it all yourself, which is the reason you got the 6MT, right?

The TPMS, ah yes, that I think is terrible because it’s not a real PSI based TPMS but the “is one wheel out of round more than the others” type TPMS. If all three go down to 25 PSI due to falling temperatures, it doesn’t fire.

I have a “real” TPMS based on valve stem cap sensors in my Civic.

Reactions: SGPkaz

· Registered
2022 Civic Si
58 Posts
I think you have an Si, right? So yeah, LKAS pairs with ACC pairs with an auto transmission to work well (I do like a similar setup in my daughter’s 2020 CR-V Hybrid).

Although I have used the ACC on the highway to cruise for a long distance at a fixed speed with my ankle off the gas pedal, the “automatic” part (where it will decelerate with traffic, and re-accelerate, until/unless you come to a full stop) isn’t nearly as nice if you still have to downshift and upshift, LOL. Might as well just do it all yourself, which is the reason you got the 6MT, right?

The TPMS, ah yes, that I think is terrible because it’s not a real PSI based TPMS but the “is one wheel out of round more than the others” type TPMS. If all three go down to 25 PSI due to falling temperatures, it doesn’t fire.

I have a “real” TPMS based on valve stem cap sensors in my Civic.

Can confirm on the TPMS. My tires were all down and it never notified me until I pulled hard and slipped off a light. They were down to 24..

· Registered
2022 Civic Si
58 Posts
Definitely the auto stop/start feature. Completely useless in my opinion and doesn’t save much, if anything in terms of emissions. I’m more concerned about the stress on the starter. I just turn mine off immediately. It’s a gimmick.
Agreed. The benefit is when you have heavy traffic with long lights. But the added stress is my finding too. In general machinery likes to stay in the running condition..

· Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
560 Posts
Definitely the auto stop/start feature. Completely useless in my opinion and doesn’t save much, if anything in terms of emissions. I’m more concerned about the stress on the starter. I just turn mine off immediately. It’s a gimmick.
There is no stress on the starter. Cold starts are hard on the starter, and the auto stop feature disables itself if it's cold. Warm starts are practically free.

TLDR: no, these systems do not shorten the life of anything, and yes, they improve fuel economy significantly (by 8-15%, depending on how much city type driving you do).

A few times a month at first, it "bit" me into thinking I'd stalled my 6MT car (even had me jabbing the START button while cars behind me honked), but I would assume the auto trans Civic has no such problem, and I've learned to change my driving habits when coming to a red light to account for the worst of it.

To that point, I totally get how someone might just want the car to "act like all my cars always have", with an instant step-on-gas-and-go response, with no weird stuttering when I want to go full throttle right after I came to a stop.

But you know what? I've concluded that this is objectively better, so it's my POV that had to change.

· Registered
152 Posts
There is no stress on the starter. Cold starts are hard on the starter, and the auto stop feature disables itself if it's cold. Warm starts are practically free.

TLDR: no, these systems do not shorten the life of anything, and yes, they improve fuel economy significantly (by 8-15%, depending on how much city type driving you do).

A few times a month at first, it "bit" me into thinking I'd stalled my 6MT car (even had me jabbing the START button while cars behind me honked), but I would assume the auto trans Civic has no such problem, and I've learned to change my driving habits when coming to a red light to account for the worst of it.

To that point, I totally get how someone might just want the car to "act like all my cars always have", with an instant step-on-gas-and-go response, with no weird stuttering when I want to go full throttle right after I came to a stop.

But you know what? I've concluded that this is objectively better, so it's my POV that had to change.
I didn't like the idle start/stop for the first week or so of owning my Touring Sedan because I didn't have it in my older car and it felt "different" since I wasn't used to it.

Love using it now, when indicated. If I don't think I'll have 7-8 seconds of idle time at a stop light, I would just press the brake enough to stop the car, but not activate the idle stopper.

· Registered
152 Posts
To answer the original question:

I think it's pretty useless to have the round speedometer PLUS the digital read out of your speed. Makes the dash look crowded with the redundant information, so I just changed the style to "bar minimal" to clean things up a bit.

· Registered
152 Posts
Wireless charging.
Love this feature. Just throw my phone onto the charging pad and forget it. It won't charge as well as if you have a wired connection, but it still does a great job. I just came back from a drive, phone was at 52%, drive was about 10 minutes and my percentage was up to 59%. This is with wireless Android Auto running with Google Maps and Spotify. I have to say that I'm not usually in situations where my phone is about to die, so this slower charging doesn't bother me.

I've heard certain phones have issues with not being able to fit in the slot or for whatever reason the charging pad doesn't pick up that there's a wireless charging capable phone present, and certainly feel for those with this issue.

· Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't say useless but kind of disappointing to buy a new 2022 Honda Civic Si and not have an LED light in the trunk and have LED bulbs in the cabin. WHY really Lol?
So I ordered a LASFIT T10 bulb from Amazon for $9. I changed my old 2007 Civic Si Sedan with all LED Bulbs in Cabin and Trunk huge difference.

-Aaron

21 - 40 of 69 Posts