11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

Registered
The pop-up messages. On the infotainment screen. Yes, I agree. How many times do I need to agree?! And the seatbelt message on the gauges telling me who is or isn't belted. Especially when I am alone in the car which is like 90% of the time. Car is small, seems like a useless system for the vehicle. Put it in the Pilot or Odyssey.

Registered
The pop-up messages. On the infotainment screen. Yes, I agree. How many times do I need to agree?! And the seatbelt message on the gauges telling me who is or isn't belted. Especially when I am alone in the car which is like 90% of the time. Car is small, seems like a useless system for the vehicle. Put it in the Pilot or Odyssey.
Funny you mention the pop-up. I think the headunit soft resets every week or two. If I program favorite contacts into it, they disappear every couple weeks. Seems to happen at the same time I get the pop-up.

Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT
The wireless charging pad.
Doesn鈥檛 work with my iPhone 14 pro didn鈥檛 work with my 12 pro as well.
My charging pad works fine with my iPhone 12 Pro (non-Max). Sometimes it doesn't charge, and I have to press the little power button in the LL corner to turn it off and back on, and then it does. I use a very thin, low-profile case.

Registered
The shift lights on my Si model, I know the American buyers feel left out on this, but the shift lights are really useless.

I do like the heated seats and steering wheel, but I can't have remote start so they can't be heated in advance from the comfort of my home (and it is cold here). My new WRX has remote start through my Subaru phone app, I can set interior temps, and heated seats and lots of other things. It takes a few minutes for seats and steering wheel to heat up so you don't get the benefit upon entering the car cold, they are nice after they come up to temps though.

Registered
Alllllll of the granny systems.
LKAS , automatic cruise control,lmw,All of that is pure useless crap along with tpms.
I can get down with the cruise control. Always some moron varying speeds makes regular cruise control useless. The rest of the systems I hate. The braking system false triggers constantly. I have all that off now, but at first when I was testing it out, it stopped for parked cars on a curved road. Stopped for a sign on a median strip. Safety devices that make the car less safe more than they make it safer. The world is becoming so idiot proof it's going to end up killing the non-idiots.

Premium Member
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I've never been someone who uses cruise control, and still don't, but maybe I just don't really know how to use it properly, it's always felt pretty useless to me. I thought I would hate LKAS, but I've been using that and brake hold every time I use the vehicle now, and it's been enjoyable. LKAS isn't perfect, especially when going through intersections or large turns/curves, but overall I'm quite impressed and happy with it; when going slowly (20-40) down backroads, the car practically drives itself.

Brake hold is also something I hadn't used nor was expecting to use, but it's been pretty enjoyable, letting me relax my legs at stops and easily reach into the backseat or passenger floor or whatever if needed.

So for me so far, (automatic) cruise control is the most useless feature.

Registered
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
...So for me so far, (automatic) cruise control is the most useless feature.
When I helped my daughter move from Boston to Kalamazoo a few weeks ago, she was in a new CX-5 and I drove a luxurious Pacifica minivan. I followed her, and hardly had to drive at all! (a far cry from driving a little sporty manual). My car just went the same speed hers did, and it was really fun and I soooooo enjoyed the fancy stereo in the Pacifica. Can't wait to get my Touring in a few days to enjoy all that stuff every time I drive!

My biggest gripe (based on the spouse's Accord) is the idle stop. Will the 6MT still have that? We're fantasizing that in my 2023 they will let us disable the damn thing.

Premium Member
When I helped my daughter move from Boston to Kalamazoo a few weeks ago, she was in a new CX-5 and I drove a luxurious Pacifica minivan. I followed her, and hardly had to drive at all! (a far cry from driving a little sporty manual). My car just went the same speed hers did, and it was really fun and I soooooo enjoyed the fancy stereo in the Pacifica. Can't wait to get my Touring in a few days to enjoy all that stuff every time I drive!

My biggest gripe (based on the spouse's Accord) is the idle stop. Will the 6MT still have that? We're fantasizing that in my 2023 they will let us disable the damn thing.
An added bonus of Sport mode is that it disables idle stop.

i just watched a video on the adaptive cruise control and it actually seems pretty neat.Will definitely have to start trying it out.

Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT

The auto idle stop is here to stay, because it aids the emissions/fuel economy stats.

Yes, it's there even for a MT. It's pretty seamless in my daughter's CR-V Hybrid, you never even notice it really, so I'd imagine it'd be similar for the CVT Civics with the same feature...

...but with my 6MT, if it kills the engine at JUST the wrong time - like just as I was in the middle of stepping on the clutch to start going again - it's infuriating.

I disable it in stop and go traffic, and have learned not to coast to a red light in neutral (as was my habit) because that's when that usually bites me. I keep my foot on the clutch instead, and only shift into neutral if I come to a full stop AND can see the light isn't going to change for at least 5 seconds.

The auto idle kill only does its thing if the car is in neutral, and the brake pedal is depressed - it will "start up" again if the clutch is depressed after an auto-kill, but will NOT not kill the car if the clutch IS depressed while braking and in neutral - confused yet?

If I actually AM stopping at a red light, or pulled to the curb and idling, I find the auto stop a very GOOD feature, because it starts right up when I clutch in and put the car into gear, just like I'd never killed the engine. Actually killing the engine and restarting it would take longer, and more action.

Registered
I鈥檝e had the car for less than a week and the car reads school speed limit signs and says it鈥檚 20mph. I just don鈥檛 find it helpful to have the car display incorrect speed limits.
You can turn that feature off.

I never noticed how accurate mine is, I don't know if it actually reads the sign or gets the info from GPS data.

Premium Member
Looks like it reads the signs from what I鈥檝e seen while driving. My most annoying thing by far is the Apple CarPlay. Especially with Spotify, it plays like 5 seconds of a song every 30-300 seconds. I've never seen anyone else complaining, so I鈥檓 sure it鈥檚 because my cellular plan is pretty crap ($25/month tracfone) but it still sucks.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts