11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVERYONE, My car was purchased remotely and delivered. I found this white hollow soft plastic tube laying loosely in the tray for the phone charger. I kept it just in case…..now I see on YouTube a car reviewers scan of their own test car interior showing the same white plastic soft tube…what is it? See pic… also on the YouTube piece there is a small ziploc bag (on left in pic) showing some type of adapter? which was not in my car upon delivery…does anyone know what this is ? FOMO !! (FEAR OF MISSING OUT )

·
Registered
55 Posts
The white tube looks like what they use to wrap the spare key with since buyers are only getting 1 key fob (still?). Not sure about the adapter, do you have a better picture or a link to a video?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes…I think you are correct because my salesman handed me the key without packaging at my front door. Makes sense he removed it from the white tube packaging….thanks so much !!
as for the adapter, so sorry but that video capture from the YouTube clip is all that I have and there was no verbal mention of it either….if anyone else has a clue please let us know. Thanks so much and thanks for the sharp eye.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Could the bag contain the shift lock release cover? Per the PDI instructions, this does not come installed from the factory but should be installed at the time of delivery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing…yes. That is exactly what it resembles…it must be it. I will check mine to make sure it is there. I wish there was a checklist of all pre-install items and procedures. Sleuth !! Thanks so much

·
Registered
55 Posts
There kind of is, search either here or the other forum (I forget where I found it) and you can find someone who posted the PDI checklist (that’s where I got the image from). Apologies, I forget who!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will find it. Thanks…I also bought a 2021 Acura RDX and the dealer did not install the undercarriage rubber plugs in the main rails beneath the SUV causing wind noise (these plugs were for holes used to secure the vehicle in shipping containers during shipping )….you have to check behind everyone !!! Thanks again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You bet! I’ve asked my dealer to let me inspect the underside when mine is delivered just to be sure. Good luck with your Acura!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts