11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. I got the vin from the window sticker and AAA shows it as a '21 then I read it from the sticker in the door jamb and it says date of mfg 7/21. So if i go to sell this vehicle next year I have to sell as a '21? I should have been able to get 1.9% that they were offering for the 2021......what gives?

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Yeah it was built in 2021 just like a lot of the others. Something isn’t correct but it’s definitely a 2022 vehicle. Keep digging and you will find a solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called finance manager yesterday but he was out. I'll ask him today. I know it's a '22 but in 4 years nobody will be able to tell so if they look at the sticker in the door it reads '21. I have all documentation but it just threw me off when the AAA said it's a '21.....BTW, I got the sport in sonic gray.......only getting 32 mph and driving like an old lady:mad::mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Weird.

Have you received your Title yet? I think as long as registration and Title both say 2022 you’ll be alright when the time comes to sell it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve run into the problem where some insurance company’s don’t have the full data of the cars anyway. When I had my 5 door civic hatch they had it originally as a 4 door n

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic LX
13 Posts
I had a similar situation happen to me. My insurance company couldn’t even find my car when I gave them the VIN…I guess because they’re so new? Idk, but that’s really odd it showing up as a 2021 model

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well logically, how could you be insuring car from 2022 in the summer of 2021? Do the 11th gen Civics come with a Flux Capacitor? This is probably a variant of a Y2K bug in their system, LOL

(I know, I know, but it seems like every year some car manufacturer or other pushes the "new 20xx models" debut date even earlier!)

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Well logically, how could you be insuring car from 2022 in the summer of 2021? Do the 11th gen Civics come with a Flux Capacitor? This is probably a variant of a Y2K bug in their system, LOL

(I know, I know, but it seems like every year some car manufacturer or other pushes the "new 20xx models" debut date even earlier!)
Just like Xmas :)

I think Xmas stuff is already out LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts