11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From The Wall Street Journal (Mar 17):

Honda said it would halt production at most of its U.S. and Canadian car factories next week because of supply-chain issues including port backlogs that have delayed the delivery of parts.
Honda said a combination of the port issues, a shortage of semiconductors, pandemic-related problems and fallout from severe winter weather across the central U.S. led to the decision. The cold caused pipes to burst in some of its factories.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Seen the news and really don't mind it at this point with how much nicer the 11th gen Civic is.

How far do you think this could push things back? 3 months? 6 months?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't imagine they will delay things very much.
If Honda only cited one reason for the delay, I might agree. Also, if they had publicized a firm release date they might allocate more energy toward the Civic.

I don't expect Honda to cut corners à la General Motors ("GM said Monday it will build some versions of the Chevrolet Silverado and the GMC Sierra without a fuel management module that improves mileage…" -CNN), but would expect any business to allocate limited inventory (computer chips/upholstery) to its best use which, in this case (and to the consternation of me and this site's members) might not be the Civic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts