11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From The Wall Street Journal (Mar 17):

Honda said it would halt production at most of its U.S. and Canadian car factories next week because of supply-chain issues including port backlogs that have delayed the delivery of parts.
Honda said a combination of the port issues, a shortage of semiconductors, pandemic-related problems and fallout from severe winter weather across the central U.S. led to the decision. The cold caused pipes to burst in some of its factories.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't imagine they will delay things very much.
If Honda only cited one reason for the delay, I might agree. Also, if they had publicized a firm release date they might allocate more energy toward the Civic.

I don't expect Honda to cut corners à la General Motors ("GM said Monday it will build some versions of the Chevrolet Silverado and the GMC Sierra without a fuel management module that improves mileage…" -CNN), but would expect any business to allocate limited inventory (computer chips/upholstery) to its best use which, in this case (and to the consternation of me and this site's members) might not be the Civic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If Honda only cited one reason for the delay, I might agree. Also, if they had publicized a firm release date they might allocate more energy toward the Civic.
be the Civic.
I understand PRODUCTION delays, but once the car is produced, VIN # available, and parked in some railroad parking lot less than 500 miles away, waiting transport, there was no more reasons for delay... why the lies? They are damaging heavy the good Honda's name for clients, people are stopping trust dealers promises, that is not a good way to make business.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From The Wall Street Journal (Mar 17):

Honda said it would halt production at most of its U.S. and Canadian car factories next week because of supply-chain issues including port backlogs that have delayed the delivery of parts.
Honda said a combination of the port issues, a shortage of semiconductors, pandemic-related problems and fallout from severe winter weather across the central U.S. led to the decision. The cold caused pipes to burst in some of its factories.
I hear that orders will be going through early May, these are some of them.
View attachment 1004 View attachment 1005
Purchased one with a dealership that had a civic headed there way. 2022 honda civic sport. ETA was 3/21-3/25 still nothing. It was now pushed back to 3/26-3/30. Is this accurate or should i be expecting a bigger delay? Yea, i do have a VIN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased one with a dealership that had a civic headed there way. 2022 honda civic sport. ETA was 3/21-3/25 still nothing. It was now pushed back to 3/26-3/30. Is this accurate or should i be expecting a bigger delay? Yea, i do have a VIN.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was given the very same dates as you on my Honda Civic Sport Touring, My ETA was originally 3/21-03/25 and today I was told 03/26-03/30. Sitting at the rail yard 158 miles away.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I was given the very same dates as you on my Honda Civic Sport Touring, My ETA was originally 3/21-03/25 and today I was told 03/26-03/30. Sitting at the rail yard 158 miles away.
Are you guys making any preparations for delivery day? I know some people get paint protection done the same day or week.
Looking forward to delivery day pics!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine has been in Canada since like 3-21. Im not understanding why this hasn’t changed yet. I‘m starting to think that maybe someone isn’t updating correctly.. I’m ready to have it already! They stated it shipped on the 4th.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you guys making any preparations for delivery day? I know some people get paint protection done the same day or week.
Looking forward to delivery day pics!
At this point it is just a waiting thing. So, no preparation. I have also ordered the HPD Package through the Dealership that is on Backorder until the middle of next month. Other items I ordered were the Back seat covers and tailgate protector. Nice to have to protect back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At this point it is just a waiting thing. So, no preparation. I have also ordered the HPD Package through the Dealership that is on Backorder until the middle of next month. Other items I ordered were the Back seat covers and tailgate protector. Nice to have to protect back.
My delivery dates on 2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring have changed now 3 times.

Original delivery date was 03/21-03/25
then 03/26-03/30
today dealership told me date was 03/29-04/02. So, we will see. It is what it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What date did you order it? I’m considering ordering one today if I get a decent price. I need mine before a trip in mid August.
It was an allotment from Honda to dealership in the exact color I wanted. I was told they were Allotted in January. Was Built in February 2022. I called Dealership in February and they put my name to the car with a small deposit $500. I took delivery last week on March 31, 2022

1 - 19 of 19 Posts