11th Gen Civic Forum banner
281 - 300 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have ordered a base version Civic i.e. Civic LX in black color. Booked it on 20th march in Toronto as dealer told that they have allotment and the car would be coming on 25th of May. On 1st of May they told me its delayed to 15th June. Then on 1st June they informed that the date has been pushed to mid of July. There is no other update regarding built date and VIN allotment. The dealer says that the factory has not released any such information to them. I have no idea whether to continue or cancel the booking. Its a simple base version and still no signs of coming yet 😅

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another dealer from hyundai informed me that they have 3 elantra coming in mid of july and he also gave me the VIN numbers of all of them. What do you guys suggest? Wait for Civic that has no signs or even VIN..or go for Elantra that already has a VIN no.?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Another dealer from hyundai informed me that they have 3 elantra coming in mid of july and he also gave me the VIN numbers of all of them. What do you guys suggest? Wait for Civic that has no signs or even VIN..or go for Elantra that already has a VIN no.?
Wait for the Civic. It will be built soon. Hyundai quality is not good. Civic is the #1 car in it's class.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you go onto Honda Canada, looks like they are no longer taking orders on MY '22's for any Civic. I assume '23's will be out soon for those who plan on buying

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious since its my first car purchase - I thought if you've signed on with deposit, there is no way to exit that and you have to wait? Or is it that you are getting an Elantra from the same dealer?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Getting labor in most of North America is a huge problem.
No one wants to do actual physical work and I don't see this improving anytime soon.
More than anything, I believe that this is the top issue driving inflation.
Some Canadian manufacturers are assisting people to get visas and are hiring from overseas.
Crazy, crazy times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Curious since its my first car purchase - I thought if you've signed on with deposit, there is no way to exit that and you have to wait? Or is it that you are getting an Elantra from the same dealer?
Its my first purchase too...elantra dealer is another one. If you check your receipt while you made deposit, at the end of it are terms and conditions. If the dealer fails to provide you car within 3 months..you can get your deposit back full.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if anyone of you guys would be able to help here.. I ordered / booked a 2023 Civic EX Silver on June 08th 2022 (they are no longer taking orders for 2022 models). I paid $500 with my credit card, the sales person gave me the credit receipt, however I didn't receive any other documents for e.g credit app contract, or factory order receipt or something. When I asked the sales person for some documentation, he said credit receipt is the only thing you get. Is that true or do I need to ask for more? Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The point of a deposit is to put your name on the waiting list, no commitments yet at this point (no contracts etc etc). If you are financing the vehicle then they might check your credit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if anyone of you guys would be able to help here.. I ordered / booked a 2023 Civic EX Silver on June 08th 2022 (they are no longer taking orders for 2022 models). I paid $500 with my credit card, the sales person gave me the credit receipt, however I didn't receive any other documents for e.g credit app contract, or factory order receipt or something. When I asked the sales person for some documentation, he said credit receipt is the only thing you get. Is that true or do I need to ask for more? Thanks!
I got a receipt and a copy of the price quote. Nothing else. No contracts or anything. Took delivery last week. You're in for a wait and it's not fun but that's 2022 for ya.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know Honda not accepting new orders means that they'll try to finish up the existing ones or just move everyone who hasn't gotten theirs to the 2023 model? I ordered in early April and I haven't heard much from my dealer other than a vague ETA of end of July. Worried that I'd have to wait longer than that as I might not have a car if I don't get mine by September

·
Registered
189 Posts
Does anyone know Honda not accepting new orders means that they'll try to finish up the existing ones or just move everyone who hasn't gotten theirs to the 2023 model? I ordered in early April and I haven't heard much from my dealer other than a vague ETA of end of July. Worried that I'd have to wait longer than that as I might not have a car if I don't get mine by September
Where in Canuck are you? I did noticed that on Honda.ca they are advising buyers to reach out to their dealers, so I assume no more 2022 MY purchases. My educated guess is that they will finsih filling '22's and start taking orders on '23's soon. What trim did you buy? I ordered my Sedan Touring April 15, it's here and I grab it on Friday

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where in Canuck are you? I did noticed that on Honda.ca they are advising buyers to reach out to their dealers, so I assume no more 2022 MY purchases. My educated guess is that they will finsih filling '22's and start taking orders on '23's soon. What trim did you buy? I ordered my Sedan Touring April 15, it's here and I grab it on Friday
I'm in Ontario, ordered a touring trim from Whitby Oshawa Honda April 9. Dealer told me it'd come late May at that time but we all know how that went... I also asked about that website notice this morning, but no reply yet from them. Congrats on the delivery btw, you must be very excited!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm in Ontario, ordered a touring trim from Whitby Oshawa Honda April 9. Dealer told me it'd come late May at that time but we all know how that went... I also asked about that website notice this morning, but no reply yet from them. Congrats on the delivery btw, you must be very excited!
Thanks, bit of a struggle getting everything settled but all good now. Getting the black emblem HPD stuff done and will get tint done in the next couple weeks hopefully. Sedan or Hatch for you? Could be the reason for no notice yet?

Reactions: Crispyc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, bit of a struggle getting everything settled but all good now. Getting the black emblem HPD stuff done and will get tint done in the next couple weeks hopefully. Sedan or Hatch for you? Could be the reason for no notice yet?
Got a sedan, not sure if color makes a big difference but it was the morning mist blue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Got a sedan, not sure if color makes a big difference but it was the morning mist blue.
Part of me believe they are producing certain colours at a time. At my dealership there were 1 or 2 Sedan Tourings out front, as well as a Sport. All 3 SGP, and add my SGP it seems this was the colour of choice this batch

281 - 300 of 352 Posts