11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am a new Honda Accord Sport 2.0 owner and plan to add a new 2022 Civic to my garage as well. I’m so impressed with the Accord considering value for the money I can only imagine how much of a value the Civic will be. I’ve never owned a Honda before but my son owned a 2002 Si and drove the crap out of it for 3 years and it never broke. So I’m thinking my Accord for daily driving and the new Civic for weekend fun. I’m not sure if I should wait to try an Si or jump in now with the 180HP version with the CVT. I will have to drive one to see. Just too bad I can’t try the Si now to compare. Honda, please give us the Si soon! I like a performance oriented sedan but don’t need a race car so maybe the 180Hp will provide enough fun for me. Any thoughts from everyone out there about the fun factor. For example, my favorite car to drive is my 1972 Alfa Romeo GTV with only 131HP. It’s a 5 speed that is very light and you can zip around town in feeling like you are flying yet you are not going that fast. I hope the new Civic gives you that light on its feet feel. Any thoughts from current owners Si or regular 10th gen owners?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You are living the dream Sir!

Love the 2.0 Accord. And that Alfa. Wow.

The article above summarizes how I feel about my 2018 Civic LX coupe with manual. It's like a throwback to the 70s European sport sedans. So light and fun to rev. But rides like an Audi A3.

I'm keeping that as my weekend car, but thinking 2022 Civic Sport sedan with CVT as a daily.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are living the dream Sir!

Love the 2.0 Accord. And that Alfa. Wow.

The article above summarizes how I feel about my 2018 Civic LX coupe with manual. It's like a throwback to the 70s European sport sedans. So light and fun to rev. But rides like an Audi A3.

I'm keeping that as my weekend car, but thinking 2022 Civic Sport sedan with CVT as a daily.
Very nice LX with the manual. Two Civics would be perfect. I'll check out the article. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's another review with a similar conclusion:

Just imagine, starting in 2016 with a car this good then add all the refinements through 2020 and now the even more improved 11th gen- it has to be fantastic. I'm waiting to test drive one, or at least see a road test report on the 2022!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Am a new Honda Accord Sport 2.0 owner and plan to add a new 2022 Civic to my garage as well. I’m so impressed with the Accord considering value for the money I can only imagine how much of a value the Civic will be. I’ve never owned a Honda before but my son owned a 2002 Si and drove the crap out of it for 3 years and it never broke. So I’m thinking my Accord for daily driving and the new Civic for weekend fun. I’m not sure if I should wait to try an Si or jump in now with the 180HP version with the CVT. I will have to drive one to see. Just too bad I can’t try the Si now to compare. Honda, please give us the Si soon! I like a performance oriented sedan but don’t need a race car so maybe the 180Hp will provide enough fun for me. Any thoughts from everyone out there about the fun factor. For example, my favorite car to drive is my 1972 Alfa Romeo GTV with only 131HP. It’s a 5 speed that is very light and you can zip around town in feeling like you are flying yet you are not going that fast. I hope the new Civic gives you that light on its feet feel. Any thoughts from current owners Si or regular 10th gen owners?
Welcome to the forum @HondaZig. Welcome to the Honda club! The Accord is one of the better looking sedans you can get and now the Civic is getting the same kind of treatment. Did you ever drive your son's 2002 Si when he had it?

If you're planning for the Civic to be a weekend I'd say wait for the Si or hatchback that'll come with the manual transmission. But whether it's stock or mondified you can have a blast in a civic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum @HondaZig. Welcome to the Honda club! The Accord is one of the better looking sedans you can get and now the Civic is getting the same kind of treatment. Did you ever drive your son's 2002 Si when he had it?

If you're planning for the Civic to be a weekend I'd say wait for the Si or hatchback that'll come with the manual transmission. But whether it's stock or mondified you can have a blast in a civic.
Hey, thanks for the welcome. I never did get to drive my son's car but he really liked it. The new styling on the Civic caught my eye and is in tune with my taste. The 10th Gen is beautiful too, but I like the 'thin' look of the new one and it is going back to when you had a lot better visibility. I still will need to drive one to confirm, but it looks like you will be able to see better in all directions. That said, I checked with two dealers last week . One in Florida and one in New York where I bought my Accort Sport and neither could tell me when they will be getting the cars. It must be soon since they have been spotted on transporters. ( Can't tie up the trucks so where are they being unloaded?) My guess is they will land on the dealer's lot by the 16th which is the date showing up everywhere but I'm sure the supply will be minimal and trim levels may be limited for a few more weeks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would wait for the Si if you’re going to use it for weekend fun. It should be revealed in a few months with rumors of the hatchback being revealed next month for an August release. Give it a few months to see the complete lineup. Could be worth the wait.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would wait for the Si if you’re going to use it for weekend fun. It should be revealed in a few months with rumors of the hatchback being revealed next month for an August release. Give it a few months to see the complete lineup. Could be worth the wait.
Tack on another month, or two, or three after the Si becomes available to avoid ADM.

If there's any model they'll try it a lot on, it's the Si, and Type R.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tack on another month, or two, or three after the Si becomes available to avoid ADM.

If there's any model they'll try it a lot on, it's the Si, and Type R.
That's what I'm thinking. Better to wait for them to want to negotiate. Maybe even wait until winter when the enthusiast buyers up North slow down. I can drive my Accord until then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dealer today told me new Civics will be shipped with only one key fob due to the chip issues.
That sounds weird. Maybe true but what about the dozens of other chips used in all the other electronics in the car. Hard to believe that story the dealer is telling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts