11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my EX - mostly very happy.

There's a few things I would like to update with parts mostly from the touring model. Would love any links to parts if folks have it handy - I'd plan do the installs myself.
  1. I want to replace the single USB with dual USB plugs in the front console (EX only has single)
  2. I want to add the homelink garage door opener
  3. The Touring model apparently has wireless android auto?!? Perhaps I'm just not doing it right in the EX, but I didn't see a way to make that work, would consider replacing the head unit and selling the lower spec that requires the wired connection
  4. Audio is "pretty OK". I want to upgrade to include an amplified subwoofer -- I understand the factory upgrade in the Touring uses the center rear location for a 10" sub. Nice. Not sure how many parts I would need to replace to do that in the EX... would I need to cut metal or just replace the plastic cover on top? Can I use the same head unit or have to replace for this also (along with #3)
  5. The cup holders are too small IMO - I'd like to replace the whole fascia around the shift knob with something aftermarket .. maybe one big one small.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Congratulations on the new EX @harr2969! Welcome to the forum! The Touring is the only Civic that has wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. What kind of subwoofer would you want to install in your Civic?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on the new EX @harr2969! Welcome to the forum! The Touring is the only Civic that has wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. What kind of subwoofer would you want to install in your Civic?
Thanks dude. I would love to upgrade to the Bose system, or close to it. The Bose has a 10" sub in the rear deck which is what I'd prefer although I saw some under the front seat options listed on Crutchfield. I'm not sure about amplifier support in the current 8 speaker non-bose system, or whether the slot in the deck is there already for me to install a sub.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Thanks dude. I would love to upgrade to the Bose system, or close to it. The Bose has a 10" sub in the rear deck which is what I'd prefer although I saw some under the front seat options listed on Crutchfield. I'm not sure about amplifier support in the current 8 speaker non-bose system, or whether the slot in the deck is there already for me to install a sub.
Hey @harr2969, have looked around for amplifiers yet?
Curious to see what you are pairing the subwoofer with. As for hooking it up, even if the Civic can support the subwoofer, it might not provide enough power.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
Add your Civic to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey @harr2969, have looked around for amplifiers yet?
Curious to see what you are pairing the subwoofer with. As for hooking it up, even if the Civic can support the subwoofer, it might not provide enough power.

I'm looking at Crutchfield - it seems that some powered compact subs are intended to install under the seat. Not sure if that is true of the 2022 Civic or not. However, I'd rather go with an OEM style setup - even if it's not BOSE - but installing a 10" sub in the rear deck lid, and installing whatever sub wherever Honda installs it. As for the power, almost any car can support "a" subwoofer, it's more about the battery than the car, and you could always upgrade a battery if needed, but most cars could support at least "some" amp. More details here: Car amplifier buying guide: Get the wattage and number of channels you need

BTW, welcome to the forum!
Add your Civic to The 2022+ 11th Gen Civic Owners Registry
Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did check the rear deck and found the spot where the speaker would go is not punched out, so it would need to be cut. Doesn't look that hard to access/do but not sure if any parts or work would be needed up top since I haven't taken the cover off the top of the deck.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Just got my EX - mostly very happy.

There's a few things I would like to update with parts mostly from the touring model. Would love any links to parts if folks have it handy - I'd plan do the installs myself.
  1. I want to replace the single USB with dual USB plugs in the front console (EX only has single)
  2. I want to add the homelink garage door opener
  3. The Touring model apparently has wireless android auto?!? Perhaps I'm just not doing it right in the EX, but I didn't see a way to make that work, would consider replacing the head unit and selling the lower spec that requires the wired connection
  4. Audio is "pretty OK". I want to upgrade to include an amplified subwoofer -- I understand the factory upgrade in the Touring uses the center rear location for a 10" sub. Nice. Not sure how many parts I would need to replace to do that in the EX... would I need to cut metal or just replace the plastic cover on top? Can I use the same head unit or have to replace for this also (along with #3)
  5. The cup holders are too small IMO - I'd like to replace the whole fascia around the shift knob with something aftermarket .. maybe one big one small.
Why didn’t you just buy the Touring if you want all this stuff that the touring has?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts