11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone knows whether a trunk bike rack is compatible with 2022 Civic Hatchback's composite liftgate?

Considering a Saris Bones 3 or Yakima Halfback 3, but neither of their websites or Thule show any Trunk Racks compatible (which could be due to the newness of the car).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thule and Yakima have both advised that they will have roof rack options available in the new year. Would imagine the same is true for the trunk rack options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thule and Yakima have both advised that they will have roof rack options available in the new year. Would imagine the same is true for the trunk rack options.
Yes I read the earlier thread about the Hitch or Roof Racks Help. However, I already have the 2 trunk bike racks I mentioned and use them with my 10th Gen 2016 Civic EX-T Coupe (as I did with my prior car). As I was only considering an 11th Gen Civic Hatchback I was wondering if the structural integrity of the composite liftgate (which sounds like it was used as a weight savings measure) would be sufficient to hold a trunk rack's top and bottom hooks with the weight of a couple of road bikes.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yes I read the earlier thread about the Hitch or Roof Racks Help. However, I already have the 2 trunk bike racks I mentioned and use them with my 10th Gen 2016 Civic EX-T Coupe (as I did with my prior car). As I was only considering an 11th Gen Civic Hatchback I was wondering if the structural integrity of the composite liftgate (which sounds like it was used as a weight savings measure) would be sufficient to hold a trunk rack's top and bottom hooks with the weight of a couple of road bikes.
Welcome to the forum @Imagination04
Like what @Snoopy said, those brands should eventually have a truck rack. If they don't come out with one soon enough, would you go with a universal rack?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts