11th Gen Civic Forum banner

Touring Model: Do you use Built-in GPS satellite navigation or (Apple CarPlay\Android Auto)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rally Red)
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wireless data is used when a smartphone is connected to the automotive head unit via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Otherwise, using the Built-in GPS Satellite Navigation is the other option for those 11th Generation Civic owners who have the Touring model.

Just curious to know which one do you use most often.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I might try the built-in navigation sometime just to see how it is but I've been plenty happy with Apple Maps over CarPlay thus far. I like how next-turn information is integrated into the dash on the Touring trim when using Apple Maps as well. Feels like a first-class experience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might try the built-in navigation sometime just to see how it is but I've been plenty happy with Apple Maps over CarPlay thus far. I like how next-turn information is integrated into the dash on the Touring trim when using Apple Maps as well. Feels like a first-class experience.
Yeah, I haven't really used either yet since I've owned my Civic Touring for less than a week.. I haven't traveled too far from the city to really need to use Google Maps or the Built-in Navigation system. When I had a 2019 Civic EX, the turn by turn voice announcements was very helpful to navigate streets I wasn't familiar with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still use Carplay. However if the US allows Canadians after August 9th I probably will be using the Built in GPS navigation for the trip, so I don't have to pay for roaming possibly

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still use Carplay. However if the US allows Canadians after August 9th I probably will be using the Built in GPS navigation for the trip, so I don't have to pay for roaming possibly
Good idea. I never thought about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts