11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am torn in making selection for 22 Civic Hatch

I would like to enjoy the a car and also have solid resale; I sell car every three year putting about 15000 miles total. In the old models, it was all 1.5 so the selection was mainly amenity based.

As I did not care much about leather and moonroof, I easily had before the LX with black cloth and black headliners. Also, I know people mostly preferred the sport even car reviewwere for the EX and Touring.

Now with the two engine and trim configurations … LX has 2.0 NA, all black cloth, and grey headliners; the Sport has same engine but with leather steering and shift knob, black cloth, black headliners, and 18 wheels; the EXL has 1.5 Turbo with the grey leather (prefer over black), grey headliner, 17 wheels, and blind monitoring; and Sport Touring has 1.5 Turbi with the grey leather (prefer over black), black headliner, double exhaust, fully digital display, larger infotainment, and navigation.

So, I am torn between LX (optimal for me do not like the black cloth), EXL (feel if I go that level, why not go touring abs get everything) and Touring (hate the black headliner) With my criteria, can you help me select the optimal trim?

Also, aside of me, can you please advise which trim in your opinion will be most targeted by people and also holding value?

sorry for the long post and thanks

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
15,000 or 150,000?

I bought the Touring because it was not much more than the EX. I drive a lot and wanted my car to have all the features and comfort that I felt the lower models lacked.

Buy from Canada they have heated steering wheel and back seat standard. Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
15,000 or 150,000?

I bought the Touring because it was not much more than the EX. I drive a lot and wanted my car to have all the features and comfort that I felt the lower models lacked.

no 15,000 miles

·
Super Moderator
173 Posts
Wow your hardly even in your car at that mileage every 3 years. I guess it depends on your budget. I would still go touring. Lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
15,000 or 150,000?

I purchased the sport touring for the same reasons as you. The digital dash is amazing and the infotainment screen is big and beautiful. The all black interior is such a striking contrast with the PWP exterior, I just love it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, I am and cannot take a decision on any trim lol
Well if you actively dislike black interior/headliner and prefer gray, that's supposed to be a feature (and not changeable) in the Sport and ST trims

Don't worry about the "hold residual value" angle, that's way down the line, and if you're buying a new car any time soon (like in the next 6-12 months) you're paying a premium anyway that you'll never see back

For example, the Civic you are likely forced to pay MSRP or over today, will probably be selling new for well under MSRP when things get back to normal by 2023-24

Which means a 3-4 year old used 2022 model will have to be that much cheaper to sell

So get the trim you want now, it's not like ST will hold value (depreciate less) than the EX-L trim compared to how much either trim is going to depreciate going from "high demand/ low supply bottleneck in 2021-22" to "any normal era"

If depreciation matters that much to you, sit out until things are back to normal, which could take 18 months per some anlaysts

Otherwise, suck it up and enjoy the new Civic of your choice

·
Registered
25 Posts
Truer words have never been spoken! As a side bar, I called my dealer yesterday to order a cargo tray for my ST hatch and I shocked when told they would have it in Friday. So it seems assessories are ready to go now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Truer words have never been spoken! As a side bar, I called my dealer yesterday to order a cargo tray for my ST hatch and I shocked when told they would have it in Friday. So it seems assessories are ready to go now.
Accessories don't need integrated chips, LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if you actively dislike black interior/headliner and prefer gray, that's supposed to be a feature (and not changeable) in the Sport and ST trims

Don't worry about the "hold residual value" angle, that's way down the line, and if you're buying a new car any time soon (like in the next 6-12 months) you're paying a premium anyway that you'll never see back

For example, the Civic you are likely forced to pay MSRP or over today, will probably be selling new for well under MSRP when things get back to normal by 2023-24

Which means a 3-4 year old used 2022 model will have to be that much cheaper to sell

So get the trim you want now, it's not like ST will hold value (depreciate less) than the EX-L trim compared to how much either trim is going to depreciate going from "high demand/ low supply bottleneck in 2021-22" to "any normal era"

If depreciation matters that much to you, sit out until things are back to normal, which could take 18 months per some anlaysts

Otherwise, suck it up and enjoy the new Civic of your choice
I like you analysis ... I think I can live with dark headliner but not dark seat ... so it is either the LX or ST? ... which one is more desirable car? ... As hatch is mostly aspired by people with sport attitude, wouldn't that mean that ST will be more liked than LX? or will people just got with the normal sport?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts