11th Gen Civic Forum banner

Tinting and chrome delete?

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  FILIPINOY79 
#1 ·
Hey, for any of y’all who have gotten your cars tinted, what did you go with and how much did it end up costing you? I’m looking to get mine tinted at 35% (lowest legal here) sides and back windshield on my hatchback. Is the back worth it?

I’m considering getting a chrome delete wrap on the side chrome trim as well. For those of you who did that, how much did that job end up costing?
I’ve done small wrap jobs like that on older cars and they always turned out so-so, and so this time I wanna get a pro to do it.

would love pics and your experience if you have it!

#2 ·
My 2022 civic from the dealership came with tinted windows (30% front, 20% rear). The tint helps quite a bit with keeping the heat out. Had some hot days here in Canada and the leather interior wasnt burning hot (except for the steering wheel since the front windshield has no tint) i have the meteoroid grey metallic color and the tint looks amazing on it! I personally want to do a chrome delete as well or maybe wrap the chrome trim in a dark chrome (would look better with the car color) but the tint is for sure worth it! The total price from the dealership paperwork for the tint was like $500 (canadian dollars) as an additional add on to honda plus warranty, I'm sure tinting can be found cheaper elsewhere but it was better to just have the dealership do it since they would be super careful with it since they want the car to look perfect for when I first pick it up. As for the chrome delete, I would like to know about peoples experiences on that as well, also with the honda badges too! I know honda sells a set of black badges but sadly they don't have the 'touring' badge in all black so I'd love to know if anyone knows where to get black or dark chrome badges.

(Only pic of the tint that I have right now)

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
it’s not all black but they did finally make a black touring badge: Black Touring Emblem

I’m pretty sure it’s new because even the HPD sport touring came with a silver touring badge in the past.

I bought the full black set (I don't have a ST, mine's an EX-L, so it didn't even have emblems on the right side). I ended up putting on the black H emblems on the front and back (both were really easy to do at home), and decided not to put the Civic black badge on and just took the chrome one off. Since there was nothing on the right side, I felt it looked better.

Your car looks great!

I’m in California and I paid $286 for ceramic tint, all windows except front windshield. Driver and passenger are 10% and the rest are 5%.
that’s dark! How’s the night driving? It feels like around here in Atlanta they have cracked down a lot on tints. I’ve had friends who had no problems for years and then lately they’ve gotten 2-3 tickets in a row.

#6 ·
Just got my SGP done a couple of months ago fo Ceramic XPel and did 30% sides and back window, and love the look and how it cools the car. Even though you say 35% is legal limit where you are, there isn't a big difference between 30% and 35%, so if it was me I would do 30% for the touch of better darkness. I should have done 20% to be honest, lol

#13 ·
I got my tint done yesterday, Llumar IRX 35 on all windows (all sides and rear). That was $450 alone. Was going to switch to 15, but they had already cut the 35. 35 ended up being mostly fine, I think 15 would’ve been too dark since I do like driving and camping in the mountains a lot where there’s 0 lighting on those roads.

I also did AIR 80 Llumar on the sunroof for $70. Total came out to $540 for it all with taxes and fees and all.

I need to go to the other location of my shop to do the chrome delete. Last time I DIY’d it looked only OK so I’m just gonna have a pro do it. I think I might try AIR 80 on the full windshield as well for more heat protection here in the south.

#15 ·
Automotive side-view mirror Mirror Automotive parking light Tire Wheel

Here is a photo of the inside during sunset. It’s hard to capture because of the light auto adjusting on my phone, but the driver window is 35%. You can compare the sky on the windshield to see how it is. Note that the tint is actually a bit darker than the photo.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

35% exterior at sunset

#27 ·
i forget, but i have the chrome around the window from etsy. JetVinyl or something like that. But was hesitant on putting it not knowing how it will look over the years. Plus since they don't have the right size of the sports and touring badge i'm even hesitant on doing it, at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.