11th Gen Civic Forum banner

Tinting and chrome delete?

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  FILIPINOY79 
My 2022 civic from the dealership came with tinted windows (30% front, 20% rear). The tint helps quite a bit with keeping the heat out. Had some hot days here in Canada and the leather interior wasnt burning hot (except for the steering wheel since the front windshield has no tint) i have the meteoroid grey metallic color and the tint looks amazing on it! I personally want to do a chrome delete as well or maybe wrap the chrome trim in a dark chrome (would look better with the car color) but the tint is for sure worth it! The total price from the dealership paperwork for the tint was like $500 (canadian dollars) as an additional add on to honda plus warranty, I'm sure tinting can be found cheaper elsewhere but it was better to just have the dealership do it since they would be super careful with it since they want the car to look perfect for when I first pick it up. As for the chrome delete, I would like to know about peoples experiences on that as well, also with the honda badges too! I know honda sells a set of black badges but sadly they don't have the 'touring' badge in all black so I'd love to know if anyone knows where to get black or dark chrome badges.

(Only pic of the tint that I have right now)

Attachments

My 2022 civic from the dealership came with tinted windows (30% front, 20% rear). The tint helps quite a bit with keeping the heat out. Had some hot days here in Canada and the leather interior wasnt burning hot (except for the steering wheel since the front windshield has no tint) i have the meteoroid grey metallic color and the tint looks amazing on it! I personally want to do a chrome delete as well or maybe wrap the chrome trim in a dark chrome (would look better with the car color) but the tint is for sure worth it! The total price from the dealership paperwork for the tint was like $500 (canadian dollars) as an additional add on to honda plus warranty, I'm sure tinting can be found cheaper elsewhere but it was better to just have the dealership do it since they would be super careful with it since they want the car to look perfect for when I first pick it up. As for the chrome delete, I would like to know about peoples experiences on that as well, also with the honda badges too! I know honda sells a set of black badges but sadly they don't have the 'touring' badge in all black so I'd love to know if anyone knows where to get black or dark chrome badges.
it’s not all black but they did finally make a black touring badge: Black Touring Emblem

I’m pretty sure it’s new because even the HPD sport touring came with a silver touring badge in the past.

I bought the full black set (I don't have a ST, mine's an EX-L, so it didn't even have emblems on the right side). I ended up putting on the black H emblems on the front and back (both were really easy to do at home), and decided not to put the Civic black badge on and just took the chrome one off. Since there was nothing on the right side, I felt it looked better.

Your car looks great!

that’s dark! How’s the night driving? It feels like around here in Atlanta they have cracked down a lot on tints. I’ve had friends who had no problems for years and then lately they’ve gotten 2-3 tickets in a row.
Just read over this, thank you for the website! Unfortunately when going to checkout it only allowed US shipping, unfortunately no shipping for anyone living in Canada... I would also prefer the all black touring badge but the little chrome lettering would match the chrome accents on the sides of the car for sure! Thank you for the help though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.