11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tinted in 2022 Civic. Who tinted his 2022 civic? What polarized did they use? I want to polarize my civic 2022 with Nano Ceramic which brand do you recommend and why.
Llumar
Motoshield
Raynofilm
3m

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tinted in 2022 Civic. Who tinted his 2022 civic? What polarized did they use? I want to polarize my civic 2022 with Nano Ceramic which brand do you recommend and why.
Llumar
Motoshield
Raynofilm
3m
I had Raynofilm S7 Ceramic installed. 5% all around excluding windshield. Admittedly its too dark at night, and ill likely change the fronts to 15%, but it looks great and really cuts down on heat.

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

·
Registered
31 Posts
Llumar
Motoshield
Raynofilm
3m
3M all around. Limo ceramic back. I think it’s like 15% crystalline front two windows & a light shade of crystalline on windshield, don’t know percent.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not allowed by law to put tint in front passenger or driver windows, rear and back are allowed so I'm going to go 15-20%, and hopefully, that will help
I have gone with 60% upfront before but i have also had to rip tint off my windows or get a fine so I think ill stick to the back windows only this time

·
Registered
22 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
29 Posts
Has anyone done the front strip across the top of the windshield? I’m curious if it would affect anything with the cameras. I don’t see how it would, but curious.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
245 Posts
Has anyone done the front strip across the top of the windshield? I’m curious if it would affect anything with the cameras. I don’t see how it would, but curious.
I believe the front facing Honda Sensing cameras and sensors for LKAS and whatnot are down by the bumper, not the top of the windshield

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic film), 50% on side and back windows. I'll circle back and get Llumar Air 80% on the windshield either this week or next. I had them do Gtechniq ceramic coating on the paint and exterior glass at the same time. Tint itself was $395 in OC California.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
22 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
29 Posts
I believe the front facing Honda Sensing cameras and sensors for LKAS and whatnot are down by the bumper, not the top of the windshield
I see. Thanks. First time with a new Civic and saw some sensors behind the review mirror
Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle Hood

Based on what I’m reading, there are some sensors at the top of the windshield. However, looking at it again, I don’t see how they would tint over them, so I don’t think it would affect it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I see. Thanks. First time with a new Civic and saw some sensors behind the review mirror

View attachment 4502

Based on what I’m reading, there are some sensors at the top of the windshield. However, looking at it again, I don’t see how they would tint over them, so I don’t think it would affect it.
This is correct, they’re housed behind a plastic cover so any installer with even half a brain would cut the tint around the housing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts