11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
Do you know what the factory tint level is on these cars?

They are pretty strict with the tint laws in my area these days (a VTL check is part of the annual state inspection, not just emissions), and cops have been giving out tickets to obvious violators as well.

I think the factory tint is around 80-85%, but I don't know why I think that, and the legal requirement is a minimum of 70% VTL. So I could apply a 90% tint film to 80% stock VTL to get down to 72% in the front and rear windows, and go as dark as I want (probably 35%, not all the way to 20%) for the rear windshield and the little rear triangles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you know what the factory tint level is on these cars?

They are pretty strict with the tint laws in my area these days (a VTL check is part of the annual state inspection, not just emissions), and cops have been giving out tickets to obvious violators as well.

I think the factory tint is around 80-85%, but I don't know why I think that, and the legal requirement is a minimum of 70% VTL. So I could apply a 90% tint film to 80% stock VTL to get down to 72% in the front and rear windows, and go as dark as I want (probably 35%, not all the way to 20%) for the rear windshield and the little rear triangles.
The windows are already tinted 70% from factory. There’s a little sticker on the windows that tell you

·
Registered
2022 Civic Hatchback ST 6MT in PWP
203 Posts
The windows are already tinted 70% from factory. There’s a little sticker on the windows that tell you
Well, the window says "min. 70% VLT" Which means it could be like 75-80%... But I think it's 70%

To start with (certainly to pass the first state inspection, after I get it registered) I have 35% tint in the rear window and the quarter panel glass, but stock everywhere else

Will definitely add the 6" glare strip to the windshield soon, probably to 35% to match the rear, maybe to 20%

I may try adding 70% film to the front/back passenger windows and see if I can get away with that, but TBH I rather like the way it looks already

1 - 6 of 6 Posts