11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a brand new 2022 civic sport the other day at the dealership and I didn't get those packages that the insurance agent was offering as it was ridiculously expensive due to "dealership pricing". I plan on maybe getting a rustproofing and undercoating package on a 3rd party local shops here but I was wondering if it's worth it to get those services done on my new vehicle? Some of my friends didn't bother getting it done on their vehicles and some of them did and is regretting it now.

So I'll need some open thoughts and opinions on this one. Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
205 Posts
I have never dine it but if I lived someplace that used a lot of salt on the roads during winter months I might consider it was well. Do your friends see a difference from the ones that got it vs the ones that didn’t?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never dine it but if I lived someplace that used a lot of salt on the roads during winter months I might consider it was well. Do your friends see a difference from the ones that got it vs the ones that didn’t?
I haven't really asked them but I will now. Also they have a higher clearance vehicle like a truck and a jeep wrangler if that makes any difference. Where I lived they use a mix of gravel and salt during winter but mostly gravel. The rustproof itself cost about 300 and that's a one time spray free but the undercoat cost 300 as well and it has lifetime warranty of resprays every year

·
Registered
86 Posts
I personally have Krown applied to my cars each fall and will be having my Civic done in the next month or so as well. It's fairly inexpensive ($50 or so before tax) and I've never had a speck of rust on a car.

Just don't let anyone talk you into those "rust modules" that attach near your battery, dealers love to push them, I don't know about third party shops. They're scams.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally have Krown applied to my cars each fall and will be having my Civic done in the next month or so as well. It's fairly inexpensive ($50 or so before tax) and I've never had a speck of rust on a car.

Just don't let anyone talk you into those "rust modules" that attach near your battery, dealers love to push them, I don't know about third party shops. They're scams.
Well this is my first time hearing about Krown but yeah some of my friends also told me that those undercoat and rustproofing thing that's fairly expensive are nothing but scams specially the ones that they offer you on the dealership. But then again winter is almost here in Canada so I'm still debating whether I should get it or not

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would say not worth it. My civic is 8 years old and not a spec of rust on it. and to tell you the truth i might have cared when it was brand new but at 8 years old even if it did have some rust I wouldn’t care. It’s just a cheap car now. Not the one I paid 25k for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts