11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standard on every Civic Sedan, the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies is designed to alert you to things you might miss while driving. (2020 Accord shown in videos for demonstration purposes.)

Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
CMBS* can help bring your Honda to a stop by automatically applying brake pressure when the system determines that a frontal collision is unavoidable.

Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
RDM* can determine if you cross over detected lanes without signaling, can provide steering assistance to help you return to your lane or provide braking to help you keep from leaving the roadway entirely.

Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
LKAS* helps make steering easier, whether you’re in traffic or cruising on the highway. While your hands are on the wheel, the system can help keep your vehicle centered in a detected lane by making subtle steering adjustments.

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
ACC* helps you maintain a set following interval behind detected vehicles for highway driving.

Traffic Sign Recognition
TSR* displays traffic-sign information to assist the driver while the vehicle is moving forward. The camera can recognize traffic signs and display the information about them on the Driver Information Interface.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SAFETY
Honda SENSING , an advanced safe driving support system .

Honda SENSING

NEWFurthermore, five advanced functions have been enhanced to support safe driving.
* The NEW mark is a function newly installed in the new model as CIVIC.

Traffic jam assist (traffic jam driving support function)* 1
Supports accelerator, brake, and steering operations during traffic jams on highways.

Adaptive driving beam* 2
It detects the position of the preceding vehicle and the oncoming vehicle and automatically controls the irradiation range according to the surrounding conditions.

False start suppression function* 1 * 3
Prevents sudden start due to carelessness and calls attention.

Backward false start suppression function* 1 * 3
Prevents sudden retreat due to carelessness and calls attention.

Short-range collision mitigation brake* 3
Supports collision avoidance and damage reduction due to oversight of obstacles such as walls.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other advanced driver assistance functions

Collision Mitigation Brake (CMBS)

Pedestrian accident reduction steering

Off-road deviation suppression function

With traffic jam tracking function* 1Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Preceding vehicle start notification function

Sign recognition function

Auto high beam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Other advanced driver assistance functions

Collision Mitigation Brake (CMBS)

Pedestrian accident reduction steering

Off-road deviation suppression function

With traffic jam tracking function* 1Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Preceding vehicle start notification function

Sign recognition function

Auto high beam
Honestly too much technology for me to keep up with. Wow am I turning into an old person 😩 only be 28 in December 😔 lol but good thing a lot of these are pointless for already-cautious drivers.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly too much technology for me to keep up with. Wow am I turning into an old person 😩 only be 28 in December 😔 lol but good thing a lot of these are pointless for already-cautious drivers.
Are there at least some that stand out to you that you plan on really trying out?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are there at least some that stand out to you that you plan on really trying out?
I tried the lane keeping and like that one. I like the traffic sign recognition. Havent noticed any automatic braking when close to cars and honestly too scared to have the car brake for me. I’ve been close behind a car and no braking happened. EX trim

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried the lane keeping and like that one. I like the traffic sign recognition. Havent noticed any automatic braking when close to cars and honestly too scared to have the car brake for me. I’ve been close behind a car and no braking happened. EX trim
Those were good I listed but like the other ones like low speed follow I haven’t been able to try because haven’t been on the interstate yet. Too much stop and go traffic in my city to even attempt these things.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It’s definitely not a full proof system. I am still learning it and trying to taylor it to my driving style.
Yes definitely. I pretty much have it figured out now. I went from knowing nothing about the Honda sensing features to pretty much figuring everything out pretty quick. I don’t feel like an old non-tech savvy person anymore 😅

1 - 11 of 11 Posts