11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a consensus here. From the day you ordered, how long did it take to be sitting in your 2022 Civic? Please specify trim and color. I am on month 2 and half and if dealer’s estimate is accurate, I have about a month to go. For a total of 3 and a half months wait. I have a theory since 70 percent produced are LX and Sport trims, the other 30 percent like Touring and SI are longer wait times due to less production. Not sure about the hatch since it is being built at a seperate plant. Might be a bit easier to get a hold of. Anyway, I had to be particular about trim and color, so Im forced into line. Share you stories please.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Taking a consensus here. From the day you ordered, how long did it take to be sitting in your 2022 Civic? Please specify trim and color. I am on month 2 and half and if dealer’s estimate is accurate, I have about a month to go. For a total of 3 and a half months wait. I have a theory since 70 percent produced are LX and Sport trims, the other 30 percent like Touring and SI are longer wait times due to less production. Not sure about the hatch since it is being built at a seperate plant. Might be a bit easier to get a hold of. Anyway, I had to be particular about trim and color, so Im forced into line. Share you stories please.
Patience is key my friend, I know it’s hard lol. I’m in the northeast and placed my deposit on a white with black interior sport touring hatch on April 12th (build date for the vehicle was 4/16-4/19).

It showed up at the dealership on 5/5. My wait was not bad at all and I’m grateful for that because as you’ll read on here folks can be left waiting for a longgg time. My dealership didn’t have a lot coming in but they definitely had more frequent deliveries of the sport trim sedans.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you have a specific colour in mind, you may be waiting a while. During the winter, I passed up on a white Si and a black Si that the dealer had come in, I could've had the white Si 3 weeks after I put my deposit down but I would rather not take delivery in the middle of winter and get the colour I wanted, and I'm glad I did. 6 months to save more $ as all the other accessories really push the cost up...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm in the northwest and it took 2 and half months for mine to be built and arrive (it had multiple production delays). It was a Sedan Touring White. Recently was in the market for a second one and the salesperson I work with was saying Honda is cutting a lot on the production of base models not for just Civic but other vehicles too and using whatever they can get in parts for the other trims.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i placed order my sport touring hatchback white with grey interior color on 03/14/22 and she landing at the dealer on 05/02/22, the reason some car's might arrive longer than the other due to the chip shortage, and honda dealer's are only allowed many cars in models trims or colors of some points, that is my dealer manager told me, some trims they can start the build date sooner than the other, that what i have told, when i stopped at my dealer and test drive the civic and ready to order, they told me up front the build date for my specs will be.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I waited 6 months from 1 dealership for my black on black touring OR Black with Grey exterior touring, only to have to abandon ship and go to another dealership that had a black on black on the show room floor for less then 1 day before I walked in and got it.... and they only had it because the 3 people waiting on it ended up not waiting for it and got different cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Used 22 touring sedan was about $32k, with a decent amount for my trade in. The out the door prices for new were almost $10k more than my used deal including the lower trade in allowance and the (high) mark ups on a new touring. I was patient and bargained hard.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Used was about $32k, with a decent amount for my trade in. The out the door prices for new were almost $10k more than my used deal including the lower trade in allowance and the (high) mark ups on a new touring. I was patient and bargained hard.
Jesus. I'm glad I planned ahead and ordered new a few months ago. I'm paying MSRP for a new zero miles civic. Not paying higher than sticker for a used old car with miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Used 22 touring sedan was about $32k, with a decent amount for my trade in. The out the door prices for new were almost $10k more than my used deal including the lower trade in allowance and the (high) mark ups on a new touring. I was patient and bargained hard.
that is nuts, thats more then I paid for my new touring sedan with under 30 miles on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in Texas and ordered a Sport sedan (red) on 4/20 with an estimate 4/24-4/28 build date. The vehicle was probably build around that date, but took a month for delivery. Received 5/28.
Did you place a deposit on one that was allocated? I finally found a dealer for msrp on an si in Dallas but they don’t have any coming in yet and they are saying that the next ones coming are gonna be 2023 models so there might be a price increase.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you place a deposit on one that was allocated? I finally found a dealer for msrp on an si in Dallas but they don’t have any coming in yet and they are saying that the next ones coming are gonna be 2023 models so there might be a price increase.
I placed the deposit before it was manufactured. I don't think currently you are able to see any Civic delivered to the dealership that are not pre-sold.

By the way, which dealer in Dallas are you looking at? I am living pretty far from Dallas so I didn't ask any Dallas dealerships. I have been able to locate a dealership away from the cities doing MSRP and no add-ons, but they are small business and only receive maybe one Civic every month.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I placed the deposit before it was manufactured. I don't think currently you are able to see any Civic delivered to the dealership that are not pre-sold.

By the way, which dealer in Dallas are you looking at? I am living pretty far from Dallas so I didn't ask any Dallas dealerships. I have been able to locate a dealership away from the cities doing MSRP and no add-ons, but they are small business and only receive maybe one Civic every month.
I contacted round rock but they won’t have any until the 2023 model is out so I’m just waiting for them to tell me what they are getting so I can secure one. I’m also far from Dallas I’m in Houston but the mark up around here is 5k-15k over sticker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I contacted round rock but they won’t have any until the 2023 model is out so I’m just waiting for them to tell me what they are getting so I can secure one. I’m also far from Dallas I’m in Houston but the mark up around here is 5k-15k over sticker.
Round Rock Honda is in the Austin area, not Dallas... I contacted them before, but ended up getting my vehicle from Honda Leander, 10 miles away from them, both under Penske group. Good luck on searching for a Si!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts