11th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that really stood out for me from Honda's press release for the Civic Prototype is that it's been the top vehicle for millennial car buyers for the past 9 years!

The 10th-generation Civic has been a runaway success, establishing itself as the most popular car in America, earning the trust of more than 1.5 million U.S. customers since its 2015 launch, out-retailing every passenger car in America. It extends a legacy of success that includes nearly 12 million Civics sold in the U.S. since its 1973 introduction, making it one of the top three best-selling cars in America over the past 47 years. The iconic Civic has been the No. 1 vehicle among Millennial buyers since 2011, making Honda the top brand in loyalty with Millennials. In addition, Honda captures the most Gen Z car buyers in the industry7, where Civic leads the industry as the most purchased vehicle by the Gen Z audience. Civic also is the No. 1 vehicle in the industry with multicultural buyers.

The 11th-generation will continue Civic's legacy of being built in North America and, for the first time, Civic Hatchback will be manufactured in the U.S., at the company's Greensburg, Indiana plant. Honda's commitment to building products in America spans four decades. Civic joined Honda's North America-made lineup in 1986 with production in Ohio. Today, Civic is produced at two plants in North America, in Greensburg, Indiana, and in Alliston, Ontario, Canada. Since 1986, Honda has produced more than 10.5 million Civics in North America, five million of those in the United States.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm kind of surprised by this because I'm a millenial and most of my friends don't buy brand new cars...I guess I fit the statistic though because I'm a millennial buying a Civic

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm kind of surprised by this because I'm a millenial and most of my friends don't buy brand new cars...I guess I fit the statistic though because I'm a millennial buying a Civic
I'm technically on the back end of being a millennial but it makes sense. For a lot of my friends, and me, the Civic was the go to car as a first vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm technically on the back end of being a millennial but it makes sense. For a lot of my friends, and me, the Civic was the go to car as a first vehicle.
For my first vehicle I remember my parents insisting I buy something with all-wheel-drive for the snow. I imagine many other parents feel the same. Honda would sell a boat load of all-wheel-drive Civics.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For my first vehicle I remember my parents insisting I buy something with all-wheel-drive for the snow. I imagine many other parents feel the same. Honda would sell a boat load of all-wheel-drive Civics.
I think they would as well. I've heard good things about the Mazda3 with AWD, especially the Turbo one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts