11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of this list? Seems like a lot of recency bias with this list.

Best:
  • 5th Generation (1992-1995)
  • 6th Generation (1995-2000)
  • 8th Generation (2010-2012)
  • 9th Generation (2012-2015)
  • 10th Generation (2017-2020)
Worst:
  • Early 7th Generation (2001)
  • First Generation Hybrid (2003-2005)
  • Early 8th Generation (2006-2009)
  • Second Generation Hybrid (2006-2011)
  • Early 10th Generation (2016)

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
188 Posts
What was so wrong with it?
There were a lot of initial issues with infotainment, rattles, coupes had their 3rd brake lights falling off the ceiling, I suppose you can count the fuel dilution issue (though that effected the CRV more than the civic), the stupid volume knob debacle (i can personally take it or leave it, that's what the steering wheel controls are for), and there were those O rings that were bad in the base 2.0L civics.

Honestly though... I had a 2016 and now have a 2019... my 19' has way more squeaks and rattles than my 16' did... and while the infotainment got marginally better, it's definitely not a huge improvement by any means. And a lot of early model issues can be chocked up more to supplier issues/defects as supply chains get established more than actual build quality on the auto maker's part.

Given that the 11th generation is MOSTLY carry over from the 10th gen I'm sure most of the mechanical hiccups are worked out by now. The infotainment is borrowed from the Accord that's been on market for almost a whole generation. So most of the issues that plagued the early 10th gens probably won't show up in the 11th generation. Massive redesigns are where the issues really lay, so expect more of those on the future 12th generation most likely.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was so wrong with it?
There were some issues with Bluetooth connectivity and that's also when they had issues with the air conditioning.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
@RobbJK covered it. Thanks!

Given that the 11th generation is MOSTLY carry over from the 10th gen I'm sure most of the mechanical hiccups are worked out by now. The infotainment is borrowed from the Accord that's been on market for almost a whole generation. So most of the issues that plagued the early 10th gens probably won't show up in the 11th generation. Massive redesigns are where the issues really lay, so expect more of those on the future 12th generation most likely.
That has me looking forward to what 2022+ Civic reliability is actually like. Although a lot from the 10th is making its way over, internal and external changes are often done and can either improve or take away from reliability.

I have owned cars where older versions of the same engine were better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts