11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on installing my 12" kickers using an adapter fed off the rear speakers. Does anyone know the route of the speaker wires so I can tap off of them without having to go into the harness in the door? Would save me a lot of time if so.

Also, it's a black LX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only other way I can think of would be to just go at it behind the factory headunit, keeping your high level converter behind the dash and run an rca front to back. Although the trial and error getting to that would probably be more involved than just popping door panels since I don’t believe there are and step by step videos yet to take apart the dash. Best of luck and keep us updated with what you decide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I don't find an easier way then I'll just pop the door panels. But dealing with cold weather and snow already so might take me a while to get back to it. Unless i can get my heater working.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Automotive parking light Building Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ahhh yes I feel your pain. Well, not yet here in illinois. But winter always being “rebuild season” for my walled stereo car, I definitely get it. Hopefully you end up with a decent source that doesn’t have crazy roll off when you get around to tapping wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts