11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the ‘22 Civic FB group, I asked what range folks are seeing immediately after a fill-up, as I’ve gotten 300 the last two times. Tank size 12.4, so at fill-up it’s telling me I’m only going to average 24… which is exactly what I have been averaging, even though the sport is rated 31/37!
With my FB post asking folks what they’re seeing, those who’ve been getting poor MPGs as well are seeing 300 range at fill-up too, while those who’ve not experienced poor fuel efficiency/mpgs are seeing anywhere from 400-500 range at fill-up.

I’m sorry to keep harping on it, but this is even more, what I believe to be, evidence that there’s something going on/a defect with some of our civics and it’s not just a “you” thing… as in, we’re driving them roughly - I definitely am not, I’m driving it the same as I was with my ‘12 that got 40-ish MPGs consistently.
I wouldn’t be upset if I’d bought a car advertising fuel efficiency of 24 mpgs, I’d expect it - but from a brand new Honda stating 31/37, I expect efficiency within that range under typical driving circumstances/style.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What conditions are you driving in? I drive 99% highway I get 39mpg in my touring

I did a bunch of aggressive city driving and my mileage dropped to 30.
My elevation is about 750ft above sea level too. Mostly flat prairies. Depends on wind too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The fill-up range is based on your MPG's not EPA rating. Once you get on the highway at a normal speed (65-70 MPH), your average will get closer or exceed EPA ratings, and then your refill range will go up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts