11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Larger question is how was this missed at the factory AND missed in the dealer's prep checklist?
The fuse is removed at the factory and placed in the cupholder area. This is to lessen the drain on the battery during shipment. During the PDI, the dealer is supposed to reinstall the fuse. For whatever reason, a bunch of new Civics are being delivered to customers without this fuse being reinstalled. I think its because fuse 37 is labeled as a "BACKUP", so when the tech is doing his PDI, he is assuming fuse 37 isn't used.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The fuse is removed at the factory and placed in the cupholder area. This is to lessen the drain on the battery during shipment. During the PDI, the dealer is supposed to reinstall the fuse. For whatever reason, a bunch of new Civics are being delivered to customers without this fuse being reinstalled. I think its because fuse 37 is labeled as a "BACKUP", so when the tech is doing his PDI, he is assuming fuse 37 isn't used.
Great information. Thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Pomtorres.
Would it be a good idea to pull that fuse if we don't plan on driving for a while (vacation, etc.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts