11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2022 Honda Civic Touring. I’m at 1,800 miles and have had this warning 4 times now displayed. After I restart the car it’s gone for days and even weeks.

Dealership kept the car for a week and could not get it to show the message or store any codes.
Advice? Anyone else have this issue or hear of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
I purchased a 2022 Honda Civic Touring. I’m at 1,800 miles and have had this warning 4 times now displayed. After I restart the car it’s gone for days and even weeks.

Dealership kept the car for a week and could not get it to show the message or store any codes.
Advice? Anyone else have this issue or hear of it?
Welcome @22Civic Touring! Sorry to hear about your issues with the Civic. If it's not an issue with your airbag(s) it could be that the seat belt buckle is not reading that the seatbelt is secured. Does it come on when you're by yourself or with someone else in the car?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome @22Civic Touring! Sorry to hear about your issues with the Civic. If it's not an issue with your airbag(s) it could be that the seat belt buckle is not reading that the seatbelt is secured. Does it come on when you're by yourself or with someone else in the car?
It’s comes on while I’m by myself. Done it 4 times and I’ve owned the car since June 21

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Best thing to do is to keep good documentation of when, what and where stuff and take pics and possibly a video to show the dealer.

Something is not right and it needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best thing to do is to keep good documentation of when, what and where stuff and take pics and possibly a video to show the dealer.

Something is not right and it needs to be fixed.
Yeah I got at least 3 photos. Dealer basically won’t do anything until they can get a code or replicate in while it’s in their possession

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine has come on a handful of times too. A quick restart of the car usually dismisses the warning. Haven't been able to pinpoint it, but I've discovered the rear passenger side seat doesn't give a warning when someone sits in it and no seat belt clicked. I'm thinking that's the trouble spot.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine has come on a handful of times too. A quick restart of the car usually dismisses the warning. Haven't been able to pinpoint it, but I've discovered the rear passenger side seat doesn't give a warning when someone sits in it and no seat belt clicked. I'm thinking that's the trouble spot.
Yeah a restart does fix it however, it shouldn’t be happening at all

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Well damn add another issue to the list.
Wireless charger
Back lights for heater controls
Restraint system issue

·
Registered
60 Posts
Too late, when I started the car this morning to go to work, the Supplemental Restraint Warning disappeared.
Hate that. Think it's impossible to get it to show up at the dealer! Will keep trying! I have to make my dealer aware of this issue as well. I also have an issue with the drivers side rear window as well. Rubbing. Horrible sound.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Back at the dealership again for this. Warning came back on. Dealership scanned the car while light was on and no code was showing. They are calling the “Tech Line” now

1 - 20 of 29 Posts