11th Gen Civic Forum banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Gonna add on my experience with this issue.. note that Honda Canada may be handling this differently than the US counterpart.

Also, I have not resolved it yet, I am still in the processes of getting this handled.

I started experiencing the sticky steering at 9,000 km. They took it for a test drive, called back and said they found nothing.
Here is the full statement from the service report..

Seems like they're doing their best to dodge having to deal with it until they know what it is for sure.. They told me they don't want to replace the steering rack because that could cost them ~$2,100 if the issue still persists afterwards.

Shop foreman said he's had three other cars with this issue but no resolve with any of them.

Currently waiting to hear back with a follow up. Thinking of leaving my car with them until this is sorted.
So it’s a feature according to them. SMH.

· Registered
1 Posts

56 complaints as of right now. Make sure everyone reports this to Honda as well. The more noise is made, the more likely Honda will address the issue.
Adding mine to the list. I thought I was the only one having this weird issue until I googled what's been going on. Got my 22 back in April and it has just hit the 14k mile mark and started noticing the exact same issues yall have been having, on the interstate/highway.

· Registered
5 Posts
Well to update everyone, I just got back from my dealer visit...they said "Its normal, the new civics on our lot also do that. Our techs who perform PDI have verified". I was hoping my visit would have been a easy one but now I'm left demoralized and frustrated. Why is no one taking this seriously? This is not a dash creak, a screen issue, or something mundane...this is a serious steering and safety concern.

If anyone in MD can suggest a dealer to go to that would take this seriously please let me know.

· Registered
41 Posts
!!!!UPDATE!!! brought my car to the dealer today for my second appointment for the sticking steering and was told that there is a known issue now, and the fact that one of their service techs has the same car and was having the issue and they ordered his steering rack. Service advisor told me he was ordering a steering rack for my car (part is backordered which i knew) and that he would call to setup appointment once the part was in. He said that there is a service bulletin pending that should be out officially soon and more than likely a recall as well. Also told me their is a pending recall for the A/C condenser leaking that he would try to line up to get fixed when the steering rack is getting done.
Anyone having issues getting their dealer to acknowledge this issue have them contact Honda of Bridgewater in Bridgewater, NJ. They know about the issue and are ordering racks. Hope this information helps everyone dealing with this. Happy New Year. Cant wait to stop hating driving my car every day.

· Registered
42 Posts
Well to update everyone, I just got back from my dealer visit...they said "Its normal, the new civics on our lot also do that. Our techs who perform PDI have verified". I was hoping my visit would have been a easy one but now I'm left demoralized and frustrated. Why is no one taking this seriously? This is not a dash creak, a screen issue, or something mundane...this is a serious steering and safety concern.

If anyone in MD can suggest a dealer to go to that would take this seriously please let me know.
“Its normal, the new civics on our lot also do that. Our techs who perform PDI have verified" or … the Civics on your lot also have faulty racks SMH. I’m just appalled by the gaslighting going on at some dealerships. I would file a warranty arbitration claim with Automotive Warranty Disputes | NCDS (this is how I got Honda to move on this issue).

· Registered
21 Posts
The steering issue returned so I called up my Honda dealer and scheduled to drop car off for the rack replacement this morning. (luckily they had not returned the rack they had originally ordered) I will inquire about this A/C condenser issue mentioned above although nothing shows up as a recall when I check online.

· Registered
41 Posts
The steering issue returned so I called up my Honda dealer and scheduled to drop car off for the rack replacement this morning. (luckily they had not returned the rack they had originally ordered) I will inquire about this A/C condenser issue mentioned above although nothing shows up as a recall when I check online.
he may have said the recall for the AC was pending and not out yet just like the steering rack

· Registered
21 Posts
he may have said the recall for the AC was pending and not out yet just like the steering rack
When I dropped off this morning I did ask about the A/C just in case but the only thing they acknowledged was something similar on the last generation civic that resulted in an extended warranty for those components I believe. For grins, and knowing better I asked the cost of a synthetic oil change while it was there to which they said $65! What a joke that is. I def don't miss doing my own oil changes and going to the gas station with my tesla.

· Registered
2 Posts
Well to update everyone, I just got back from my dealer visit...they said "Its normal, the new civics on our lot also do that. Our techs who perform PDI have verified". I was hoping my visit would have been a easy one but now I'm left demoralized and frustrated. Why is no one taking this seriously? This is not a dash creak, a screen issue, or something mundane...this is a serious steering and safety concern. If anyone in MD can suggest a dealer to go to that would take this seriously please let me know.
Which dealer in MD have you been going to?

· Registered
41 Posts
Gone to dealer after work and nothing they could find, looks like I'll be visiting them alot till they get the point or wait till there is a TSB put out from Honda or have a accident and my lawyer will get me my retirement setup for me.
i would call them and tell them to contact bridgewater honda in new jersey service dept, they have acknowledged the issue and i would hope point your dealer in the correct direction

· Registered
5 Posts
i would call them and tell them to contact bridgewater honda in new jersey service dept, they have acknowledged the issue and i would hope point your dealer in the correct direction
I asked them to call the bridgewater Honda as well. In fact I asked 3 dealers to do so after they each said my car was "normal". I sold the car 2 days ago.

After this experience I am never purchasing any Honda product ever again. I still cannot fathom the amount of gaslighting I have been victim to from the past 2 weeks of dealer visits over such a clear cut and obvious safety issue.

· Registered
9 Posts
I joined just to participate in a couple of these discussions... Have a 22 Touring and have also started noticing the exact scenario that the OP describes within the last week or so. I have around 12K miles on mine and it seems to have just started. Definitely annoying on the highway and it makes LKAS sort of jumpy as well. LKAS is how I first noticed it. Has anyone found a resolution?
As a general observation, I've noticed if you use your blinkers before moving over to indicate a lane change, the LKAS feature will not impose itself. It's important to read your owners manual to familiarize yourself with your specific car's features and remember it almost feels similar to "stick shake" pilots experience on an aircraft that is about to stall if you don't use your blinkers to indicate when executing the lane change, because the car's radar will continue to read the lane lines to passively/aggressively keep you inline.
Have about 7,400 miles on my 22 Sport Hatch.. Haven’t had a single problem with the car until last night while driving on the highway I noticed the steering acting funky. I thought it was all in my head, until I drove it again on the highway today and the same thing was happening. Just an odd, not smooth, type of steering experience that has the steering wheel feeling sticky at high speeds, it kind of jolts, and on a few occasions it even seemed to jolt and move its self. The car was literally perfect up until now and it’s got me feeling pretty bummed.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,
Picked up a new 2022 civic hatchback sport for my son last week. To me the steering feels weird on the highway. The car almost seems to wander. If I turn the wheel slightly in either direction the car will keep steering in that direction. Almost like the steering is tight. Is this normal for these cars?
My 2022 civic sport is in the shop waiting on new steering box and new rack. The steering was horrible it took a couple visits to make them believe. It's been there 3 weeks now and they advised me today parts are all back ordered, american honda said 500 racks were on order and it may be 2 months before parts arrive, stuck with loaner for now

· Registered
41 Posts
As a general observation, I've noticed if you use your blinkers before moving over to indicate a lane change, the LKAS feature will not impose itself. It's important to read your owners manual to familiarize yourself with your specific car's features and remember it almost feels similar to "stick shake" pilots experience on an aircraft that is about to stall if you don't use your blinkers to indicate when executing the lane change, because the car's radar will continue to read the lane lines to passively/aggressively keep you inline.
this issue has absolutely nothing to do with the LKAS i have had many hondas with this feature and know exactly what it feels like when it activates, secondly this isn’t happening just when making lane changes or turns it’s every second u try making small adjustments on the highway or any other straight away. if we have to use a blinker every time we need to adjust the steering wheel 1/4 inch honda definitely has a flaw. Lastly dealers are slowly acknowledging these are defective steering racks, probably the same one that was used in the 22 CRV which is now being recalled

· Registered
41 Posts
I drove two hours to Bridgewater Honda and the trip was 100% worth it. The staff immediately identified the problem and will replace the power steering rack as soon as it becomes available (which is currently on backorder). Best service I've had from Honda so far.
glad they worked out for you, my first visit 2 months ago didn’t go as well, luckily they have a service tech with the same car and the same isssue. would be nice for everyone else for honda to issue a TSB about it, this is not making them look to good

141 - 160 of 178 Posts