11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
46 Posts
LX model system is terrible imo
Most factory systems do, unless you move up to the top level trim (and even some of them sound terrible). I'm no expert but I think you're screwed unless you get into some expensive sound processors. Then speakers. And do you have what it takes to install and set it up properly? For me I'd just take it to a reputable car stereo shop and have them do it but you're probably looking at 2-3 grand, maybe more. If you're going to keep the car for 10 years it's worth it. I don't think changing the speakers alone will make that big of difference. The head unit is the deficiency and it's integrated into the car. That's why I say you're screwed. Maybe others will chime in with a more positive outlook. The low buck approach is get a quality bluetooth stereo headset and use your SiriusXM APP or Spotify/Apple etc to stream your music as you drive. Those are $150-200 and they sound great. I have one and wear it driving my pickup which also has a crappy sound system. To some degree is sounds better than the Bose in my Touring because it cancels ALL road noise. It also cancels out sirens and other sounds you hear while driving so you need to stay alert (but don't we do that anyway!!!). Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rallye Red)
96 Posts
I do kind of wish there was noise cancellation in the cabin of the 2022 Honda Civic. Then I wouldn't have to dread hearing all that road noise from the tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have the 20022 sport looking to install some subs. Nothing crazy just a little thump. But we all know the civic has limited space. So was looking into shallow subs. Maybe 6.5's or 8" kickers. Looking for spot that wouldnt take up space.looking to get creative maybe even custom. Any advise??

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
466 Posts
Even the top of line Bose in my Civic Si is just okay, it doesn't sound like anything special to me, good but nothing out of the ordinary other than the cute little Bose monikers on the pillars, lol. I don't find the road noise to be an issue, but my other car is a WRX so maybe that's why, that sucker has some real road noise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Subscribing to a higher rez source such as Tidal will improve sound quality with no “surgery”. I only appreciate that level of detail on longer trips though.

For our ‘15 Si we had a head unit, powered subwoofer, replaced mids but kept tweeters, a bunch of sound deadening material in doors. Turned out pretty well for $2500. Way better than the systems we had in the Bentley or the McLarens.

Many people are satisfied just to have some melody in the background to distract from the drudgery of life. Vehicles are built for those people. I will be closely following to see what folks are doing. Trying not to think about how it will still be weeks before out dealership gets their second 2022 Si, ours. And finding out just what we have.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Subscribing to a higher rez source such as Tidal will improve sound quality with no “surgery”. I only appreciate that level of detail on longer trips though.

For our ‘15 Si we had a head unit, powered subwoofer, replaced mids but kept tweeters, a bunch of sound deadening material in doors. Turned out pretty well for $2500. Way better than the systems we had in the Bentley or the McLarens.

Many people are satisfied just to have some melody in the background to distract from the drudgery of life. Vehicles are built for those people. I will be closely following to see what folks are doing. Trying not to think about how it will still be weeks before out dealership gets their second 2022 Si, ours. And finding out just what we have.
I'd love to hear your review of the Si Bose system once you get the car. When I first got my Si I thought the Bose system was simply OK, it didn't impress me that much to be honest, but the little Bose logos looked cool I guess.

Since adjusting the equalizer settings a tad, and moving the sound center slightly it is better for me. I don't listen to music overly loud, just loud enough, so the system is fine for what I require. I've never seen any specs on how loud the system is, maybe 300 watts ? , it doesn't seem that loud considering the 12+ speakers it has. I'll take it as part of the package, glad I didn't pay extra for it though as people could do better in the aftermarket if they wanted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts